74 power wagon dream truck...

-
PXL_20211029_194828252.jpg

Also now that I have the frame back in the garage I put the boots on the shocks and the front driver side u-bolts were short because someone had welded some half round to the bottoms of these axles so I needed a little bit longer U-bolts.. put all that on and torque down to spec..:thumbsup:..

Last edited:
View attachment 1715812257
Also now that I have the frame back in the garage I put the boots on the shocks and the front driver side u-bolts were short because someone had welded some half round to the bottoms of these axles so I needed a little bit longer U-bolts.. put all that on and torque down to spec..:thumbsup:..
That is clean, shame to let it sit outside, I would rent a storage building to keep it in.

That is clean, shame to let it sit outside, I would rent a storage building to keep it in.
Actually I've rented a storage for my Duster and that was in the Costco garage just not heated. It was also covered with a tarp. It was clean and dry when I brought it in. It's now in the heated garage.. probably till finish now..

Milestone for sure!

Cley
And @mopardude318
A couple things that I'm running into y'all may have had to deal with...
First these motor mounts.. there's two different thicknesses one thickness for the rear and one for the front?...
And this Chevy disc brake conversion seems to be running right into my steering arm...
PXL_20211101_175851065.jpg
PXL_20211101_175900666.jpg
PXL_20211101_173649831.jpg
PXL_20211101_173603396.jpg

If I put the steering arm on I would never be able to get the brakes off...
PXL_20211101_173544392.jpg

From the pictures I have from taking it apart it looks as if the cab mounts on the front were a little thinner than the back..
IMG_20210407_162135.jpg

I'll probably get the skyjacker dropped pitman arm so I can just put the factory steering arm back on without the riser block..

From the pictures I have from taking it apart it looks as if the cab mounts on the front were a little thinner than the back..
View attachment 1715814125
I'll probably get the skyjacker dropped pitman arm so I can just put the factory steering arm back on without the riser block..

On my regular cab, the thin cab mounts are on the front. I put them on wrong initially and it sat front high.

The Skyjacker dropped steering arm worked perfectly for me. I have a Chev Dana 60 with front brakes from a Cummins Dodge. That is with old Rancho 4" lift springs.

Cley

I have the body and cab mounts I haven’t installed them yet.

I’ll check back in my notes about the Chevy brake conversion.
Did you use the dodge knuckles or the chevy knuckles?

I have the body and cab mounts I haven’t installed them yet.

I’ll check back in my notes about the Chevy brake conversion.
Did you use the dodge knuckles or the chevy knuckles?
I got a crazy good deal on these axles already finished so not sure..

On my regular cab, the thin cab mounts are on the front. I put them on wrong initially and it sat front high.

The Skyjacker dropped steering arm worked perfectly for me. I have a Chev Dana 60 with front brakes from a Cummins Dodge. That is with old Rancho 4" lift springs.

Cley
Sounds like what I'll do..:thumbsup:.

@j par it looks like you might be using a thick spacer block to raise your steering arm to compensate for the lift? I didn’t do that on mine, I bolted the steering arm directly to the knuckle. No lift at that time.
But I will be doing a crossover steering conversion on that Dana 44, I have to send the passenger knuckle to Off Road Design so they can drill and tap it to accept the steering arm.

Some more of the dog Days of restoration. The multiple trips to the hardware store for the grade eight bolts. The things that are supposed to fit perfect that don't. And let's not forget the scrubbing and cleaning of old yucky parts to make them nice again...

Some more of the dog Days of restoration. The multiple trips to the hardware store for the grade eight bolts. The things that are supposed to fit perfect that don't. And let's not forget the scrubbing and cleaning of old yucky parts to make them nice again...
...and "all that" makes up more of it than you ever know going in.

Of course you guys want pictures of me scrubbing 47 years of crud off of a plastic gas tank that's been under a four-wheel drive truck.. in the rain... (Up hill both ways LOL...)
PXL_20211101_171209051.jpg
PXL_20211101_174556888.jpg

For the straps that have the hidden bolts that you can't get a wrench on top of I bought extra long bolts and put a notch in them so I can hold them with a screwdriver while I undo the bolt I need to be as the last time I did this for my son's truck after I did all the cleaning and bolted it on it leaked and I had to do it to another one so this is actually number three for me of this type..
PXL_20211102_192822665.jpg

I did find a good thing that the axles are Spicer..
PXL_20211102_175956367.jpg

Great progress guy. I think it is going to be a head turner for sure. I got a Mt Dew says that old codger and his nephew give you an excellent job on paint.
I keep trying not to jinx myself and not go there with the high expectations that I'm not paying for, but every time I go there everything looks far better than I'm expecting...

Nice.

I gotta pull my fuel tank, remove the sending unit and drill the hole for a drop in pump assembly from Aeromotive. Then run 1/2” feed and return lines. Waiting on my new credit card. LOL

-
Back