74 power wagon dream truck...

-
I’m doing some wiring now on my truck. I’m not too great at it. But it is very slow going. I use non insulated terminals and that heat shrink with the glue in it from Harbor Freight. It works pretty good.

I use wire and terminals made by Noble, usually available at commercial/industrial shops, hydraulic hose&fitting suppliers. It’s US made, but it’s a touch better than what you get at the auto parts stores. Not nearly as good as an SXL type automotive wire though.

I just went threw this build you have going on :thumbsup: you are a bundle full of talent sir, love these trucks and you are doing some very nice work here sir .

Ps, sorry about all the likes, I just couldn't control myself.

I did a lengthy search a couple years ago to find reasonably priced automotive grade wire. Waytek was the best bargain.

I’m doing some wiring now on my truck. I’m not too great at it. But it is very slow going. I use non insulated terminals and that heat shrink with the glue in it from Harbor Freight. It works pretty good.

I use wire and terminals made by Noble, usually available at commercial/industrial shops, hydraulic hose&fitting suppliers. It’s US made, but it’s a touch better than what you get at the auto parts stores. Not nearly as good as an SXL type automotive wire though.

I did a lengthy search a couple years ago to find reasonably priced automotive grade wire. Waytek was the best bargain.
I can't say enough about how impressed I am with this cheap Speedmaster 20 circuit wiring kit. The wire seems very thick and solid... Relatively well marked..
Some of the color coding is a bit off and the instructions are extremely generic but if you know what you're doing or have done this kind of work before it's not too tough to figure out but it does take a bit of thinking... And I do prefer this for a custom application over the American Auto wires that I've installed for customers as it doesn't have the bulkheads which is yet another place for a fire to start LOL..
I found there's so much extra wire even with a truck that I'm using the leftover strands to wire other things...

I just went threw this build you have going on :thumbsup: you are a bundle full of talent sir, love these trucks and you are doing some very nice work here sir .

Ps, sorry about all the likes, I just couldn't control myself.
Thank you for keeping me encouraged!..

PXL_20220206_011907868.jpg
PXL_20220206_011824435.jpg
PXL_20220206_011916178.jpg
PXL_20220206_011854276.jpg
PXL_20220206_011836277.jpg

After cleaning and painting both my factory windshield wiper motors and hooking them up to the power supply and finding out one was DOA and the other one wouldn't stop in the right spot and then it finally broke I had to buy another one aftermarket. I got all the radiators in. I've got the starter wires and the circuit breaker for the alternator ... Also a relay for the high and low beam each the main fan and the AC condenser fan. Also a spare one in case I want to hook something else up..
Under the hood I still need to put the PCV and it's hose, the brake booster vacuum line, and the vacuum advance line. I also need to connect the hose from the dryer into the firewall which it's just lying there needs to be connected. By horns and connect them to the horn wire which is awaiting... I just marked up the windshield wiper reservoir to make sure I placed everything else properly but I need to pull that back off which is loosely on there to get cleaned up and of course it's hoses need to be ran but that's probably going to be a secondary thing after I'm able to get the driver's fender and the cowl on..

So the plan will be to finish all of the above then get into the interior and finish the heater hoses a little bit of wiring and get the dash and glove box together. I'll put the passenger door together it's seal window locks and mechanisms. Most of the interior is almost ready to pick up except for the seat itself which I'll post pictures of next. I put all that in and then I have to weld and finish the exhaust and buy a muffler. Once all that is done I can drive it out or push it out and break in the engine fill the transmission with tranny fluid. Test drive it around the block and pull it in forward so I can go ahead and put the driver's door on driver's fender and the grill in front lower piece with the front turn signals.... Oh yeah and of course the hood and front bumper....
For that time a couple months will have passed and I'll be able to put the bed on the snowmobile trailer get the bottom of it finish and send the sides and top off for paint...

IMG_20220128_151136.jpg
IMG_20220205_171547.jpg
IMG_20220205_171553.jpg

I just got these pictures today.. it's all black cloth and plated with the exception of the visors... It's got an off-white piping... The last picture depicts the roof panels and then the one picture has the rear surrounds that are in the club cab part and the rear seats the visors and one of the rear backrest is done and the other one still needs to be done. He said I should be able to pick that stuff up this next week anytime I want. He'll get started on the seat next which will look like that stuff. I think he's going to do cloth inserts with vinyl around..

Last edited:
Wow. Everything looks very nice!!!
I use this stuff... A roll of half inch and quarter inch... 15 each..
It makes the multicolores of wires all become one color and holds them all together. Lots of times I put a zip tie each end and cut it off...
Of course I'm not using the factory bulkhead so I'm able to run my wires more hidden. Anywhere where they run next to White I used white and anywhere they run along the black parts I put it in black.... And of course I ran everything up and behind the fender lips and underneath the core support and places where you can't see it as much.. and there's quite a bit that's all tucked underneath the battery tray..
Screenshot_20220205-202859.png

It all look great! Especially that interior, that's awesome!

Cley
Yes when he shot me those pictures via text I texted him back saying how awesome they looked!.. he has a little hobby shop / man cave / pool table area / upholstery bench behind his house.. he has a full-time job but does upholstery as a hobby/ a little extra money... He charges less than half of what it would cost to have it done at a regular upholstery shop. He does it at his own pace so nothing comes out real fast but it does come out...

More meticulous ocd wiring..
Did the hardest part of the rear wiring..
Transmission, speedo, and fuel...
Finding the perfect route and bolting it down with insolated clamps...
PXL_20220209_193247524.jpg

Also got the rubber mat that I make the fender well to frame mat's out of and the upper radiator mat...
PXL_20220209_185004912.jpg

Looking really good. I liked the wire loom idea so much I ordered some for mine. Can't wait to see it all put together.

I have to go tomorrow and pick up the seat.. I'll drop off the metal door cards and have them covered...
I'm not happy with the roof pads... He reupholstered the old ones and they're completely warped.. I thought for sure he would just use them as patterns and cut some door card like material...???
If need be I'll get the material cut the flat piece out and just have him recover them...

I don't know... I just asked my wife to help me hold them to the roof to see.. I guess I'll give um a shot...

Not too shabby. The A/C and heater hose routing came out like I anticipated. Looks great. I just caint stand how a lot of folks just flop hoses all over the engine. I guess they think since the factory did it, that's how it's done. It looks so much better without the engine covered up in hoses.

-
Back