74 power wagon dream truck...

-
PXL_20220310_235117079.jpg
PXL_20220310_234754676.jpg

Which grill ..

How did break in go ? did you move it under power ?
The truck is looking good.:thumbsup:

How did break in go ? did you move it under power ?
The truck is looking good.:thumbsup:
Thank you..
I quoted you on the last page post 1050..
Actually drove it again today testing out the brakes.. borrowed my neighbor's scope and I'm pretty sure it's an oil leak on the back passenger side of the intake.. the crazy part is it's coming seemingly from around the big club I always put in the corners???:BangHead::BangHead:
It seems like I can take every percussion in the world and still get a leak LOL..
I'll worry about that at a later time..
For now I'm going to fill up the driver's door with the windows seals mirror and so forth... Basically clean up my mess o parts...:thumbsup:

I know it's a 74, so I have to say go with the correct one. But I love the 72-73.
Originally I jokingly have been building the truck around this 72-73 grill that I love the most.. I even put one on the 76 truck that I gave my son..
It's about the nicest 72-73 grill I've ever seen... Then I went up to Seattle to get those nice direction connection valve covers and he had that 74 grill and I don't even think it's been put on a truck beore..
The 72-73 grill needs a lot of cleaning and some touch-up painting.. the 74 is a lot brighter and plug and play..

74 in my book, I like the 72-73 also, my old man had a 73 when I was a kid, but the 74 looks much better.
At first glance the 74 grill seemed a bit meaner looking, but you can see through it really well and see the condenser the condenser fan and the transmission radiator as well..

Oh hell no, the bottom 72-73 FOR SURE!! That’s my all time favorite grille for these trucks. Wish I could find one.
I've had that grill for a few years now and actually bought the truck it came out of mostly for it.. I call it the "Emergency grill"... I even have the lunch box and it shows the grill...
PXL_20220311_143716925.jpg

You dissin' my grille?!? :poke::poke:

I got a 74-76 grille with my 72, had to learn about my grille after a couple of years. It was fun hunting down a good, correct one. So now I have three!

I like em both too! My first truck was a 75 and it will always be my favorite grille!

Cley

I like em both too! My first truck was a 75 and it will always be my favorite grille!

Cley
I'll probably end up keeping both of them and just switching them out from time to time... Unless someone comes up with a serious boatload of money lol...

There's way too many signs that that 74 to 76 grill has never been put on a truck...
The first thing I noticed when I bought it was the four tabs that go behind the headlight we're not folded back... Then when I brought it home you could almost notice that the eight little plastic pieces that hold the headlight ring screws were never put in.. (I found some old ones from an old grill I had...) And last but not least when I put it on for that picture the top part that curls over the top of the core support was bent too tight it needed to be relieved a little bit and also it didn't conform very well as in it needs to be bent in the center a little more as if needing to be pulled down by the nuts and screws to make it conform better...
72+73 grill dropped right on... Kind of the way I took it off..

Had a good day of accomplishment on the truck today. Pretty much worked on the driver's door all day. Getting all the new felts whiskers Wing window door handle window regulator rear view mirror inner door panel and all it's fixins..

So like I was saying in that last post differing from the last two pictures the driver's door is now all put together with its mirror and door handle and Wing window and so forth. I went ahead and made a decision on which grill and that is in.. I've got the hood hinges painted and on and a friend coming over later this morning to help me put the hood on. I drove to my storage unit where the duster is and grab the front bumper. I wire wheeled the inside of it and covered it in por-15... I have the front bumper brackets soaking and I'll pull those out today and paint those along with the inside of the front bumper. Hopefully by this evening I'll be able to post a picture of the front end complete. It will be a grill reveal party LOL...
Which of course will have to come back out to put the hood latch in..:rolleyes:..
But I'll take care of that at a different time.

I’m waitin’ on that video of her running and driving. This is a great thread and I have enjoyed watching it come together! Great job!

I've had that grill for a few years now and actually bought the truck it came out of mostly for it.. I call it the "Emergency grill"... I even have the lunch box and it shows the grill...
View attachment 1715886181
Every Saturday as a kid watched that while Dad worked at Faddis Chrysler on Johnson drive Shawnee Kansas. He was used car manager there for like 15 years.

I’m waitin’ on that video of her running and driving. This is a great thread and I have enjoyed watching it come together! Great job!
Probably still got a couple months before that happens. I still got to get the bed off to paint but I'm hoping that will be a quick turnaround..

Wow. Very nice. You need them DODGE letters across the hood..
I've got the Dodge letters and I actually took measurements off my son's truck last fall... Even that Power Wagon emblem on the hood in the picture I just put a little piece of tape on the back of it to hold it there... I've actually got better ones.. I had all the holes welded up and body worked over for the club cab emblems and so forth I may leave it all blank I'm not sure..

Comin along good man!
I've just got a handful of small projects left.. I'm going to work on scrubbing up those club cab windows tomorrow and seeing what I can do about trying to get them in...
I still got to do all the hood latch mechanism stuff probably take the grill out to do that but I need to get a good relief cable before I put it in there and shut the hood and have no way of opening it again...
It looks like I'm doomed to pulling this intake manifold back off because of that little oil leak in the back passenger side which I cannot believe that it's happening.. out of all the times I've sealed an intake manifold the first time has got to be this truck that I get a leak. What's really making me nuts is not only did I seal this and take all the Time in the world to do it right while it was out on the engine stand but it's leaking from that little blob that squeezing out of the corner where I always put an extra blob in the corner so this doesn't happen...:BangHead:..
I probably have a good week of work to do on the bottom of the bed of the truck before I can send it off for paint and I'm hoping that happens extremely quick as that should be close to the final detail...

Last edited:
-
Back