Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
This is a shifter from my old 74 Road Runner,727 tranny,I know its B bodie parts but maybe someone could use it.What you see is what I have.It is missing the black push button and spring,looking to get 100 bucks,obo + shipping to you.Location Belleville Ontario Canada.Pm if interested.up date i found the black push button just the spring is missing now.

Attachments

• DSC01405.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC01406.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 394
I would say someone put that in there, because 70' is the last year of the knob style shifter. Thats probably a valuable peice to a cuda'/challenger owner.

I have no clue guys, that is what was in the old runner.I pulled it out and custom fit a B&M star shifter in the factory console.

That is a correct 74 B-Body shifter 71-73 B-Body used a T-Handle shifter 74 B-Body went back to the 70 Style round handle with the woodgrain ball 71-74 E-body used the T-Handle and 70 was the only E-Body with the round handle and ball. PM sent

pulled these out myself.or the po did something different.

By the way, that shifter will mount to an A-body bracket and only requires a new hole in the arm on the down rod (shortening its effective length from 2.5 to 2.25") to work perfectly...

Check the Chrysler parts book that is a correct 74 B-Body shifter which takes the round one the part number changed from 73 to 74 on a B-Body. I have had a few untouched 74 B-Bodies with this round shifter but not saying that some 74's did not sneak through with the T-Handle as we know how that went during mass production.

I had a 74 road runner GTX 440 Auto , it had the brown ball type shifter, i bought it from the original owner , and this guy would have never changed it , and the car was only 8 months old .

my cousin bought his 74 roadrunner brand new, and I later owned the car after him, and it came with a T handle....maybe an early build car or somthing.

This is a shifter from my old 74 Road Runner,727 tranny,I know its B bodie parts but maybe someone could use it.What you see is what I have.It is missing the black push button and spring,looking to get 100 bucks,obo + shipping to you.Location Belleville Ontario Canada.Pm if interested.up date i found the black push button just the spring is missing now.

When these guys quit arguing,I aam very interested jn the shifter.
It is going in a non-Mopar car.How do we deal(money wise)I'm in
Ohio.
Get back to me (pm.)and I'll give you a call.
Thanks,Sam

Hey Don,
Just emptying the box,and realized the bracket for the trans
is missing.
The one with 2 studs.
Thanks,Sam

that looks more like a 70 E body shifter?? 74 B bodys had the T handle style.

in fact most 74s had that shifter very few got the t handle i have 3 74 runners and they all have that shifter only seen one 74 without it all 73s had it was a shame they changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back