75-80 dragway

-

prodart340

Reaction score
don't want to get everyone's hopes up but thought some of you might be interested. The old 75-80 has been purchased and friday I'll be meeting with the new owner to talk about redoing the electrical equipment there, it looks like the old girl might get a new life. I'll post more as I find out:thumrigh:

That's good to hear. I read in the newspaper a couple of years ago that it was sold and they were going to put houses up. I haven't been to 75-80 in about 15 years. Actually, now that I think about it, it's been 16 years, I just recently found some old time slips of the last time I went and the date was the weekend before my wedding.

Wow. Have a Lot of good memories at 75-80 & 1 bad one due to an accident. Would be great to see it back in action.

Oldschoolcuda

That would be the first time I ever heard of a dragstrip REopening.
Best of Luck!!!
That would be awesome.

Ya know, I can't help but think that Pinks and Pass Time are raising peoples interest in the sport.

George

we raced there a lot..street cars..heard that because of the nature of the soil (rubber,oil,grease,nitro) that 20 feet deep had to be removed on the WHOLE property and paid to be cleaned..probably just dumped and aireded correctly..and then refilled with new ground...that the cost was excessive due to the NEW housing building economy currently..a friend stated he saw something on the speed channel ? .. a bro saw some work going on there he lives in the area..thanks !

I haven't been there since like 1977 or so. My Dad used to sponsor a guy there Named Bill Stevens (I believe that was his name), he raced a Dart.....can't remember the year as I was only around 13 at the time and cars didn't mean to much to me then. I do remember it was a fine blue machine!

When Bill Sold It I Was Sad To See It Go To But It Will Be Hard To Get The Zoning Permits To Operate A Track There Agian I'm Very Sure The Old Owner Of South Montian It Pa Is Trying To Open A Track And It Is Not Going Good

only way I see is it...1/8 mile w/mufflers...

My car has class winner stickers on the quarter windows from 75-80 drag way. They appear to have been on there for some time.

I hear there has been some equipment out there doing some work. Whats the word?

the permits are pulled,the equipment is moving out "bad" soil and it may be opened back up as early as this season,,,no word on track length as of this time though

My car has class winner stickers on the quarter windows from 75-80 drag way. They appear to have been on there for some time.
When I pulled the back seat out of my car I found an envelope with OLD, yellowed Class Win stickers from 75-80, Cecil County, and York US30. Cool stuff.

my bro ROAD RUNNER STEVE...ran there 2night...15 peeps free run test...8.30 in 1/8, 1969 road runner 440/auto 2500 stall,rear 3.54 dana through the mufflers.

Road Runner Steve says their open this Saturday FREE..run FREE...they need to get some rubber on the NEW track surface...if your running and local be there...race...post some pics here !

Even though I´m half around the globe, this is great to hear.
We need more racetracks.

fly into Washington DC..stay her with us. track is 35 miles away..

What happend with that deal. The last I heard a few years back that it was going to get developed up into home's or shopping center. Anyway I am glad to see it will stay.

-
Back