75 Dart 360 Sport factory crank sunroof

-
I agree 100%. They were very popular though. You just got a super rare model with the 360. I would bet it might be the only one in your color with the fold down rear seat. In fact, A-bodies like Dusters and Darts help Chrysler tremendously sales were through the roof in the 70's. I have a Duster 360 model that I bought when I was 15. That was 34 years ago. I love mine too.

I agree 100%. They were very popular though. You just got a super rare model with the 360. I would bet it might be the only one in your color with the fold down rear seat. In fact, A-bodies like Dusters and Darts help Chrysler tremendously sales were through the roof in the 70's. I have a Duster 360 model that I bought when I was 15. That was 34 years ago. I love mine too.

Is your Duster all original or have you modified it over the years?

Ok, I just looked, my VIN does start out LM29L5. The car has the factory sunroof option as well as the fold down rear seat. It also has the rear pop out wing vents, power steering, front disc brakes, and kick panel floor vents as well.
Sounds legit, a really rare car you have there.
BTW, Dart Sports and Dusters all came with the pop out rear quarter windows and bottom floor vents.
Being a 360 car, they all would have had the big bolt pattern front disc brakes and an 8 1/4 rear end as well.............
I got my production figures from Galen Govier's white books which i believe are accurate.
Does your car have the hang 10 option?

Sounds legit, a really rare car you have there.
BTW, Dart Sports and Dusters all came with the pop out rear quarter windows and bottom floor vents.
Being a 360 car, they all would have had the big bolt pattern front disc brakes and an 8 1/4 rear end as well.............
I got my production figures from Galen Govier's white books which i believe are accurate.
Does your car have the hang 10 option?

I have read about the hang 10 option but I'm not exactly clear on what that was. ??

When I bought the car the guy I bought it from said the car originally had a 8 3/4 rear end and he swapped it out with a 8 1/4 rear end. I have since bought a 8 3/4 rear end with a sure grip differential because I was to the understanding the larger rear end would handle more HP. If the car came with the 360 and the 8 1/4 rear ended, perhaps there's no reason to change it? Maybe the 8 1/4 rear ended will hold up just fine? Any opinions?

When I bought the car the guy I bought it from said the car originally had a 8 3/4 rear end and he swapped it out with a 8 1/4 rear end. I have since bought a 8 3/4 rear end with a sure grip differential because I was to the understanding the larger rear end would handle more HP. If the car came with the 360 and the 8 1/4 rear ended, perhaps there's no reason to change it? Maybe the 8 1/4 rear ended will hold up just fine? Any opinions?
Your car would have came from the factory with an 8 1/4 rear end, as there were no 8 3/4 rear ends installed in A-Bodies after the '72 model year.
The 8 1/4 rear is just fine unless you have 500 H.P. and slicks!
They are actually quite strong if you drive the car reasonably.
I would keep it if it were me. i think you should consider keeping the car as stock as possible, IMHO.
BTW, all A-Body 8 3/4 rear ends were small bolt pattern, and all 8 1/4 rear ends were big bolt pattern.
The 8 3/4 is stronger, but will require a different drive shaft, and if it's a stock A-Body piece, it will have small bolt pattern axles and you will need to have the matching wheels to fit.
Or you can buy some aftermarket axles in BBP from Dr.Diff or another source that will bolt right in.

About the Hang 10 option, it is coded on the fender tag as A63 and offered on Dart Sports in '74 and '75.
They were available in 225 slant 6, 318, and 360 cars with the most common being 318 cars.
It includes:
White exterior paint only, special Hang 10 side, hood, and rear tail panel decals, white console with orange painted inserts on top, orange painted dash inserts
(where wood grain usually is), White door panels and bucket seats with red white and blue ''swimsuit material'' type vinyl, rear fold down rear seat with the same material, orange shag carpeting on floor and console, and inside the trunk there were rear tail light plastic covers and a jack cover.
There might be a couple of things i missed, but you get the idea...........
On a side note, i happen to have a '74 Hang 10 slant 6 Dart Sport that is rough but restorable.

I hope this helps,
Tom.

Last edited:
Reopening something old but...there is someone who has started a sunroof site on Facebook. Don't know the count of 1975 Dart Sport 360 sunroof cars produced. Found out my 1974 Dart Sport 360 only 258 were produced with sunroofs. I'm sure 1975 were more scarce because they made less 360 cars. Hope this helps someone.

-
Back