'75 Dart "Hang 10"

-

Hang10Mike

Reaction score
My name is Mike and a good friend was about to send this rare survivor to the scrap yard...Then offered it to me first! As I've looked into these 'surfer edition" cars we have found fewer than 100 of them left between the U.S. and Canada, so I am a proud owner for sure! Another friend and I started building it last year and this is where I am now. She's missed 2 Daytona Turkey Runs so far but won't miss another!
She was originally a /6 car, but was without a motor when I got her. I am now running a 318. This year will see a 360, a new 8-3/4 rear end, paint, upsize the wheels and hopefully a new interior. She is my daily driver and I am always happy at just how many people wanna ask about the car. I've had veteran hot rodders aproach me who've never seen a "Hang 10" in person! Which makes getting this car completed even more a sence of pride.
Still trying to find various parts but stilll goin' and I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Attachments

• IMG00112-20100917-1444.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG00114-20100917-1515.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG00381-20101103-2127.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG00385-20101104-1226.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG00008-20110623-0816.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 236
Nice save. I'm not much into the 73+ Dodges, but I've always thought the Hang 10 model was pretty cool.

I kinda like Dart Sports too! :)

Have you posted what else you are needing in the "Wanted" ads?
I have a few extra items available.

Hi Mike, A few years ago I picked up a 74 Hang ten. Well immediately after I got it I contacted Legendary interiors and purchased seat covers and panels. At the time they told me that they used the last of their NOS material, the unique colored material, to make them. Anyway the project went down the road and I still have the interior in the boxes sitting in the closet. Good luck with the project it will be a nice car when finished. Give me a call if you're interested in the interior.
Tom 503-319-2926

We've been curious as to what an interior would run for this beauty. Figured finding the original design would be out the window, were kinda considering a color change. Ballpark on what you might want for it?

We've been curious as to what an interior would run for this beauty. Figured finding the original design would be out the window, were kinda considering a color change. Ballpark on what you might want for it?

If you click on his name a drop box will open and click to send private message. He will get it faster.

I parted out one this year, it was VERY rusty. It was a '74 318 car and i still have a '74slant 6 hang ten that i will probably be parting out next year. It is probably saveable, but no one wants to pay what it's worth to me which is about $1000.00 and is complete minus the front seats. P.M. me if interested in any parts that i have.
Nice build BTW.

-
Back