750 dp to 750 hp carb faster ET???

-

T67POWER

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has gone from a standard double pumper to a holley hp carb and what it was worth in ET.
Was it really worth the money???
What size carb did you buy and for what motor????
Thanks 8)

if the 750 standard dp is jetted correctly with the correct power valve and all...

the 750 hp is probably not going to run any faster.

carb size depends on alot of things...one of our 360 bracket cars ...the 71 360 dart has a 950 hp on it....where as the 69 360 barracuda has a 750 dp on it..why...hell i dont know...

need to take in account gearing..converter...and total combo

I have a AED 850HO (930cfm)on my 408,haven,t ran it yet.Almost finished my project,will be firing it in the next couple weeks.Then it,s off to the races,will post results.:clock:

70aarcuda whats your set up with the 950???i have a 950 on my 340 with 82/86 jets 6.5 pv in front /no pv back....
just wondering about how you have yours set compared to mines....

I installed my 750 hp and set it up the same way my standard double pumper was set up and it feels faster and more responsive, but i won't even begin to say how much faster.
When i go to the track, i will find out IF i am faster, and by how much.:clock:

70aarcuda whats your set up with the 950???i have a 950 on my 340 with 82/86 jets 6.5 pv in front /no pv back....
just wondering about how you have yours set compared to mines....

we are on opposite ends of the country....my jetting would not work on the east coast...our air density in las vegas is usually 4000 to 5000 ft above sea level due to the heat.

if i can remember the front jets are 78s..86s in rear...with 3.5 pv in front only

holley 750 hp
My set up is 71\81 jets
3.5 power valve in the front and the secondary is blocked off with jet extensions.
35 pump shots front and rear.
pink pump cams \\front cam in 1st hole on carb and second hole on cam.
rear cam is in the 1st hole on the carb and the cam.

1 inch four hole spacer
3924 autolite race plug

-
Back