76 dart sport turn signal slow

-

blk00rt

Reaction score
On my dart the driverside turn signals work great, the passanger sides seem to go very slow. I have replaced the timer and checked the grounds and they all seem to be good. What else could it be?

im haveing the same issue with my 72. the drivers side is slow and the passenger side just turns on but wont flash. Done the flasher, and I know the switch in the stearing col. has been replaced. i am out of ideas.

Pull your bulbs and check the numbers on the bulbs, as well as cleaning the sockets and inspecting the bulbs for corrosion, etc.

Turn on the 4 way and walk around, try to take a critical view, are the left/ right signals the same brightness?

And try a different / better quality flasher.

An electronic flasher will solve both of these.
I does'nt use load to make the lights flash, it's an electronic timed switch.
Chking and cleaning the sockets is still a good idea though.

One weak ground will cause unequal operation. If you have the small fender top mounted fixtures, they are suspect.

I like to keep this stuff ALL Stock if at all possible. The system actually self diagnosis's itself to alert you when you have a bad bulb or ground issue. Usually the FAST blink means a bulb is burned out or incorrect somewhere. Could be a tail light or marker etc... I don't know if a digital flasher would do that

are these a direst replacement switch or wired in?
Yep, direct plug in replacement 25 bucks or so though and worth every penny.

I like to keep this stuff ALL Stock if at all possible. The system actually self diagnosis's itself to alert you when you have a bad bulb or ground issue. Usually the FAST blink means a bulb is burned out or incorrect somewhere. Could be a tail light or marker etc... I don't know if a digital flasher would do that

I think you may have that backwards.
Fast blink = shorted socket or wiring, slow or no blink = failed bulb in the circuit.
The digital flasher flashes the same speed no matter what.
I like them because if I do have a burned out bulb somwhere everything else in that circuit flashes normally instead of not flashing at all.

Yep, direct plug in replacement 25 bucks or so though and worth every penny.
QUOTE]
Where to you find the digial flashers...does the autoparts stores carry them or do I have to order them online...if online, can you post a link please.

hey thanks for the info, after thinking about it some more I went out and tried the emergency flashers and it worked, so I went looking for issues and found the front light was burned out. will replace in am. and see if it solves the issue.

Pull your bulbs and check the numbers on the bulbs, as well as cleaning the sockets and inspecting the bulbs for corrosion, etc.

Turn on the 4 way and walk around, try to take a critical view, are the left/ right signals the same brightness?

And try a different / better quality flasher.
Thank you,
turns out it was the socket, though I did get two heavy duty flashers too.
funny thing is it was a gm piece that fits the dart.

-
Back