76 Scamp/74 Dart

-

74PlymouthDuster

Reaction score
So I have had the option of picking up a 76 Plymouth Scamp. I am making this post not to just say that, but to get some feedback! I am having a hard time finding much on this year of car except that it was the last and didn't differ much from the 75 and in 74 it the wheel base was changed and it became basically a re badged dart the only differences being minor cosmetics. (just the info I am gathering through research). With all this info I still can't seem to find a market for parts and don't see it as a cornerstone of Mopar restorations, was i a bad year? bad model all together? Not early enough? I can't decide if the car is worth it. IT is priced at 750$ and needs re-timed, carb cleaned, and wiring harness redone (has new harness).

My other option is a 74 Dart swinger. Runs, tho it needs some work. Both bodies look pretty good but both will need some work and minor to intermediate rust repair. The Dart is 2000$

I can't decide which is a better buy or an easier project to find parts for. I'd love to hear some feedback and opinions on both cars from the knowledgeable Mopar family here.

Thanks!

the scamp is a much rarer model....no A body past 72 is ever going to be a barret jackson vehicle. so like my 74 dart ( in my avatar) you can paint it, spring relocate, cut, and do whatever without feeling too bad, as long as you do it how you like it, and enjoy it. The scamp is basically a dart...with duster fenders/hood, i have a buddy that im helping restore one. very neat little cars...and a little more desirable than the dart IMO...but that decision comes down to the condition and price. with the same condition, and that price diff...deff the scamp!

Just wait another 40 years. Hell, I never figured my 70 RR (sixpack) would have been a primo collector car, either.

i suppose you're right...but my 74 swinger...originally a slant six...isn't exactly a 70 hemi cuda.lol

-
Back