77 Roadrunner

-

bigdemo1

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on a 1977 roadrunner,might be a superpak car.Could be one of 2398 built,has flares,spoilers louvers etc.But only 318 two barrel and bench seat.Good solid body but does need paint and stripes,driveable with good glass and ralleys,would this be worth 4500.00?opinions please.

I allready have a 1973 numbers match Dart Sport 340,thinking about this for a fun car/weekend racer.

cool car for sure, IMO 4500 isn't overpriced depending on how nice she is. F bodys are starting to catch on.

1.jpg

76 runner 174.jpg

1d1c_1.JPG

383c.jpg

4364.jpg

roadrunner65.jpg

roadrunner34.jpg

Road runner??...thats a volare,they stop making REAL road runners in 1970..

res1 I had the mate to the orange one on the beach back in 81,damn shame I had to scrap it,the firewall was rotten.

Got one myself and waiting on a title before i start in on it. Neat cars IMO. I do need the ground effects and spoilers. Where would someone get the stripes. Mine is a factory sunroof car with a factory 360 setting between the fenders, bucket seat console. $4500 ? I'll have to see pics to make a real estimate but you did say it was a running and driving unit. To some it's not worth it but to guys like me......I'd offer $3000 if you really want it and see where it ends up. Good luck and post up some eye candy for us. Got some white interior parts if ya need em.
Small Block

I think the superpac cars included the 360 4bbl. You should be able to tell from the vin if it had a 360 from the factory. It really depends on how nice it is for $4500. I like those cars, My parents went to the Dodge dealer back in 1978 and had it narrowed down to two cars. A 78 Aspen Super Coupe or for the same price the new 78 Dodge Omni 4 door. That's to Carter's management we got a shiny new Omni! My parents keep things immaculate too that Omni sold 15 years later in beautiful shape with about 80,000 miles for the amazing price of $700. Should have got the Aspen!

I remember not buying a 1970 Cuda because $3000.00 was way to much to pay for a 383, 4 spd Cuda (stupid stupid stupid).

I didn't buy a 440 auto superbird in about 1980 cause 5000.00 was too much,mind you it was apart,still I really wish I had.

$4,500 and you still have to paint it. No way! pick up a 70/71/72 duster/demon with a 340/318 in the same condition plus lighter for racing.

You guys may want to raise the bar ... I NICE F-body Volare Roadrunner or Aspen RT not needing any body work with original paint can fetch upto 4000 - 6000 dollars ... in these times
Stroked340 define a real Roadrunner , isn't that the same as saying 73-75 Darts not a real dart ? Volare RR can be proven to be real on the fender tag .
1968FormulaS340 max i would pay for an original NICE 1968 340 car is 15000.
4500 is a fair price for the F body if car is NICE ... a sure thing to get 6000 when times are better .
Post pictures so we can get a better understanding of what you are deciding on .

EL5DEMON340 you can't buy a solid 70,71,72 A-body up here for twice that,those deals disappeared about 15 years ago.A decent swinger builder non numbers project will be 6 to 8.

EL5DEMON340 you can't buy a solid 70,71,72 A-body up here for twice that,those deals disappeared about 15 years ago.A decent swinger builder non numbers project will be 6 to 8.

And we come back to exactly in which part of North America you may be standing in when you start talking car prices. Not everyone has easy access to clean, cheap sheetmetal. The rust belt of upstate NY (where no salt crystal shall go left unspread on the roads) put a hurt on certain cars here ages ago. Sorry, just because a person can pick up clean sheetmetal for a price in one area, please don't assume it's that way for every one of us.

I think it was Small Block who pointed out the idea of putting cash under the seller's nose. Some guys will price high and wait for a counter offer. If you want the car, start the negotations and see where it goes.

These days ... try selling a descent vehicle 12000 dollars and up . NOT in the price range alot of people....
BUT a descent car in the area of 4-8 thousand will sell ...
NOT saying ALL cars wont get the asking price ... but i have been monitoring numerous sights , you better have a very desirable car to get over 15000 ...
What happened to your descent condition Demon prices recently ????
Like Ramenth said .. also location ... if you are located on the other side of the continent from where the car is being sold ???? figure it out how much extra it would cost to check it out , and ship it ....and extra 500 -1500 dollars on top of negotitated price ..
Lets await his photos prior to deciding if it is worth it ...

my dad always said when selling a car ask a high price,you can always come down,you cant go up in price,makes sense

They are catching on. They can make cool, economical drivers. 4500 doesn't seem out of line to me, but I would offer a low ball price first. There are some good pieces out there to improve the handling of these cars now. My driving instructor had a brand new RR that we took classes with. He was a cool old guy.

Stroked340 define a real Roadrunner

Don't try and even tell me a basterdized f-body is a real roadrunner,not even close...thats like calling a newer charger with daytona decals a real daytona:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:..

Yes it is!!! They made them until 1980. Real Roadrunners. I had a '76. My first Mopar. Had a blast with that car. Lots of great memories.

Wylde1.

butterduster are you originally from Pictou?

-
Back