77 Roadrunner

-
There is a butterscotch duster in Ont.the owner is originally from pictou,it was in one of the mopar mags a few years ago.

Here is what I think about those Volare Roadrunners... Freaking quite sweet.. I had one, 77. Ground effects were gone, louvers and tail spoiler still there. Painted it and it was really quite nice. Interior was excellent condition and totally 70s stylin'. Too bad I don't have it now.. I would try a BB fitment. FirmFeel is making some goodies for them, and gearing up to make more goodies for them, from my understanding..
I would say they wont make the best of a pro-touring or road race car (my thoughts are they are nose heavy), but for drag or hi-po street mo-shine.. Now, if you could only get the price down some.. I suppose the price depends on how "un-molested" the entire car is, and how close it is to where you would ultimately want it. Heck, if it is mint original with no rust, I think its totally worth the money actually.. It is a real treat to start with a car that is not rusted nor hacked.

here are the pics
IMG_0171.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0161.jpg
[/IMG]
cars027.jpg

77roadrunnernot-tops009.jpg

77roadrunnernot-tops002.jpg

77roadrunnernot-tops001.jpg

I would offer 3 grand and see where that goes.....
They are cool cars though as long as rust isn't an issue.

No rust and I bought it(we negotiated a little)

that looks a lot better than you described, looks like you can touch it up, buff it out, new decals, and drive it. good luck !!

I had an Aspen R/T Super Pac and it came with a 360 2 barrel. It was somewhat of a mistake on my part because it was in the show room so I test drove one that was on the lot. I couldn't figure out why mine didn't run as hard as the one that I test drove until I figured out that the one that I test drove had the E58 360 4 barrel.

If Chryco labeled as Daytona , RR etc... and documentation to prove it ... then it is ... I guess new Challengers are Not Challengers ? Make me understand ?
Now i would agree on that comment if a Volare was converted to RR with NO documentation ....
Congrats on score Bigdemo1 ! Attach more photos once mods made....

Nice ride!!! I had a 77 Aspen R/T for years and loved it, got a 78 lil red express i'll trade ya!!

Will put up more when I get it home,unfortunately we,re in the middle of renovating our place in Ft.Mac so we can get outta here this summer and move back to Nova Scotia.

Nice car Big. Just out of curiousity, didn't the SuperPack cars have 360/4bbl's and special wheels?

Check the frame rails on any of these cars before you consider spending a dime on them.
My 1976 Aspen rusted out from beneath me in no time; the metal from that time frame was really poor quality.

Looks like a nice car, but check the front rails - that's where my mom's old Dippy rusted...

I think it looks like it was worth it. That's the color to have on one of those IMO. the unique stuff looks like it is all there and in decient shape. Nobodys hacked up everything under the hood. So I say sweet!

Yeah thank God fairly complete,I've done the someone else's lost interest project that was half done,not fun trying to figure out a car that was half assed taken apart and nothing labelled or half missing.

For the doubters out there on F-bodies worth ... There is one on Ebay right now that will end in 1 day ... now at 7500...... Mind you that one has a few more options , and slightly better cosmetically ..... Personally i like them without t-roof .
The word out there is these will be the next collectables ... in the last few years prices have been going up...
I think he made a HELL of a purchase .... Congrats !

Thanks rrvolare and cool avatar,I'm thinking that if I didn't get a solid one now I might not be able to later.

Congrat's on the buy bigdemo1 :cheers:
Next time you get a chance can you take a picture of the rear tail light section for me please?? :happy10:

This will be a circle track car for our member here creed_247 my son.
Roll bars are next and he will be running a 3 or 4 speed standard 360

photo shop this.jpg

Bigdemoman i do believe that they repop the front spoiler which i think you are missing ... I heard its a good repop .....

Yes I have been looking at the spoilers on E-bay,looks like a nice repop,also need the pass. side rear wheel front flare and drivers side louver,stripes are available from Phoenix graphics,I'm thinkin I can remove the flares and strip the stripes then compound the body add new stripes and re-install flares and it will look decent for now.Will also be looking for buckets,console and floor shift column,but I will track that down over time.I've got a stock lift 340 cam and a set of heads off of my 360 commando which I will have .040"taken off of and a stock 360 intake and T-quad should be fun.

-
Back