775 hp - 470 with 270 heads

-
I sold that intake earlier this year to a guy with a low 10 second car. He picked up a couple of tenths and a couple of mph and it became a 9 second car.

I sold that intake earlier this year to a guy with a low 10 second car. He picked up a couple of tenths and a couple of mph and it became a 9 second car.
Was it your motor with the Wilson ported intake on it. Then you tried mopar perf tunnel ram and it made almost hp like with in 7 hp of the Wilson intake ported manifold

Yes, I did test a tunnel ram against the Wilson intake. The tunnel ram wasn't any better and was a much bigger hassle to use. A lot more weight, more expensive and more complex. All of the Trick Flow tests are on my website in the tech section: Tech Articles | AR Engineering

Yes, I did test a tunnel ram against the Wilson intake. The tunnel ram wasn't any better and was a much bigger hassle to use. A lot more weight, more expensive and more complex. All of the Trick Flow tests are on my website in the tech section: Tech Articles | AR Engineering
Andy, I just went thru some of ur tech articles: was wondering how much the dyno headers w/ the long "straight out" primaries are worth over a set of , say 2" TTI`s ??

Was also wondering if u ever tested an M 1 tunnel ram w/ a single 4 barrel top. Looks like it would be bad for distribution, but w/ an 8 injector throttle body, like mine , it has me wondering . ??????

Andy, I just went thru some of ur tech articles: was wondering how much the dyno headers w/ the long "straight out" primaries are worth over a set of , say 2" TTI`s ??

Good dyno headers are probably worth 10 or 15 hp over a typical passenger car header but it really depends on a bunch of factors including how much power the engine is making and what is down stream of the headers. All of this stuff works together.

Was also wondering if u ever tested an M 1 tunnel ram w/ a single 4 barrel top. Looks like it would be bad for distribution, but w/ an 8 injector throttle body, like mine , it has me wondering . ??????

I don't think I'd even bother testing a tunnel ram with a single 4 barrel top. Those look like they are so bad that I wouldn't want to waste my time trying one. I once put a dual plane intake on a race engine just to test it and it almost cost me a bunch of money. The dual plane intake killed 100 hp and the EGT's went nuts. So I learned a lesson there about testing dumb stuff. Don't test dumb stuff unless you're willing to fork over the $10,000 to build a new race engine.

I don't think I'd even bother testing a tunnel ram with a single 4 barrel top. Those look like they are so bad that I wouldn't want to waste my time trying one. I once put a dual plane intake on a race engine just to test it and it almost cost me a bunch of money. The dual plane intake killed 100 hp and the EGT's went nuts. So I learned a lesson there about testing dumb stuff. Don't test dumb stuff unless you're willing to fork over the $10,000 to build a new race engine.
thanks , was just wondering. Forking over , is rarer now than it use to be ! LOL

-
Back