7875 + 5.9 + E85 + Megasquirt

-
My junk is back on all 4s after the front suspension swap. I lowered it a bit front and back and still need a professional alignment but after a few miles of test driving I’m happy with it.
View attachment 1716161797
You used an AJE K-member, correct? Any photos of it installed? I’ve only seen their photos of the components. Just curious to see it on a car.

I have a few pics.

IMG_8784.jpeg

IMG_8475.jpeg

IMG_8472.jpeg

I’ll do a full write up on it as soon as I have the time.

So I've read and re-read your build a couple times. Great build and super cool car. What are you doing with it lately? I'm very curious how it performs before/after GT45 vs 7875. Do you think you were anywhere close to maxing out either turbo?

So I've read and re-read your build a couple times. Great build and super cool car. What are you doing with it lately? I'm very curious how it performs before/after GT45 vs 7875. Do you think you were anywhere close to maxing out either turbo?
Haven’t done much to it lately. I swapped out the electric fan setup for a Ford dual fan and wired it to a PWM controller and my Megasquirt which has a new fan controller upgrade that works great. Re: the turbos it’s hard to say. I never tried to max out either. Both make great power. The 78/75 I’d say id the better of the two. It spools quicker than the GT45, pulls hard up to 15psi (that’s as high as I’ve gone and with an overly rich tune) and it’s just an overall lighter and smaller package which is a big deal when your building the plumbing and trying to fit everything between your fenders.

Doing a little street tuning today. Been sneaking up on the tune using the Autotune feature in TunerStudio. Finally getting closer and out of the overly rich AFR areas. Bumped up the boost controller to 10psi and did a few rolling blasts on the street.

Doing a little street tuning today. Been sneaking up on the tune using the Autotune feature in TunerStudio. Finally getting closer and out of the overly rich AFR areas. Bumped up the boost controller to 10psi and did a few rolling blasts on the street.

Sounds good. Seems like it spools quick

Ahhhh!!! The sound of boost! I love it

Yeah bro it sounds great. Do you have any qualitative results with the new turbo vs the 45? Like does one seem to spool better than the other? Does one feel stronger? I'm just asking because I'm going to end up buying one or the other for my recently acquired 5.9 magnum.

Yeah bro it sounds great. Do you have any qualitative results with the new turbo vs the 45? Like does one seem to spool better than the other? Does one feel stronger? I'm just asking because I'm going to end up buying one or the other for my recently acquired 5.9 magnum.
Just go with the 78/75 EBay special. If it doesn’t check all of your boxes your only out about $200. You’re gonna spend 10x that on fuel delivery and management.

Haven’t done much to it lately. I swapped out the electric fan setup for a Ford dual fan and wired it to a PWM controller and my Megasquirt which has a new fan controller upgrade that works great. Re: the turbos it’s hard to say. I never tried to max out either. Both make great power. The 78/75 I’d say id the better of the two. It spools quicker than the GT45, pulls hard up to 15psi (that’s as high as I’ve gone and with an overly rich tune) and it’s just an overall lighter and smaller package which is a big deal when your building the plumbing and trying to fit everything between your fenders.

This was surprising to me. My gt45 spooled much easier/quicker. I wonder if it’s our downpipe size? Which exhaust housing are you running on your 7875?

The packaging is much nicer on the 7875, and success stories pretty universal across the web.

The car sounds great!

This was surprising to me. My gt45 spooled much easier/quicker. I wonder if it’s our downpipe size? Which exhaust housing are you running on your 7875?

The packaging is much nicer on the 7875, and success stories pretty universal across the web.

The car sounds great!
Could be that the GT45 spools faster. I don't have any old logs from when I had mine. The 7875 just feels like it spools faster based on the seat-of-the-pants meter. I don't have any logs of me smashing the gas pedal since that's usually a waste of tires on the street but it does go into positive boost around 4k rpm when I ease into the throttle. The converter stalls to 3500.

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 2.17.47 PM.png

Could be that the GT45 spools faster. I don't have any old logs from when I had mine. The 7875 just feels like it spools faster based on the seat-of-the-pants meter. I don't have any logs of me smashing the gas pedal since that's usually a waste of tires on the street but it does go into positive boost around 4k rpm when I ease into the throttle. The converter stalls to 3500.

View attachment 1716220643
@subcom is this the turbo specs you are using? Turbocharger Fits Billet T78 7875 T4 A/R.96 A/R.75 800HP-1000HP 7875C-96-5 Turbo | eBay

-
Back