79 Aspen

-

KB9GIB

Reaction score
Where can I find info on this car I picked it up cheap today thanks for any information.
BDCA1DB9-DF16-44CA-BE45-87FE2BF0C671.png
F629BCFB-5754-4DFA-9C4F-466B6A29A5E5.png
1963A290-5739-4611-A76C-77369BEC1EE6.png

E5EB3BC9-B5E3-4820-AF56-4837B0BF1472.png

Folks here will help if they can. However, the For FMJ Bodies Only website is full of experts on these cars. It would help us help you if we had some kind of idea what it us you want to know.

There was one back in the day cherry red window louvers body color , side pipes , fender flares extra wide meats it looked great. And I'm picky. I think it would be a great package.

It is indeed a 318 2 Brl. combo

I race a F body Stocker/Superstock = What
would you like to know.
They make a good race car!

Google: John Irving Drag Racer
To see the Sedan and the Wagon
Both have been NHRA National Record Holders
for years

Last edited:
Thanks for all your information. GTX John, You said they make a good race car have you seen any doing auto cross? Just curious how they would do. Thanks. KB9GIB

A 5.9, SG and big tires would make that a hell of a race car.

You can put a LOT of tire in those rear wheel wells.

It should have a pretty nice interior as well with buckets, console and maybe even a tuff wheel.

Boy that I do not know.
My son Robert does Pro Drift
and won Auto Cross @mopars at the strip
an few years ago but in my C7 Corvette.
The F body cars have a unique front suspension and
the front wheels do not turn sharp enough lock to lock
to be an effective drift car.
Maybe someone else can chime in = I get Car Sick going around
corners!

Thanks for all your information. GTX John, You said they make a good race car have you seen any doing auto cross? Just curious how they would do. Thanks. KB9GIB

Stiffer springs and sway bars will be an issue. The cop car setup is about as big as you can get and I don’t think there is any aftermarket support for bigger t-bars or sway bars. Nice thing is that the cop cars came with a rear sway bar, and a universal one would probably be easy enough to make work.

Might check our Firm Feel, I know they have some stuff for F-Bodies and I think maybe even raced one in the past (road course or auto-x). First thing I would do is get rid of the rubber mounts for the k-frame and I know FF sells thoughts (or used to).

I miss my Super Coupe. Have often thought about snagging another F-Body as a future project.

F-Bodies are so cool.
I almost bought one in great shape in the late '80s.
It was a '78 R/T with a 318 4 spd overdrive.
We couldn't agree on price, so I backed down.
I always loved them.......

The F body was a basis for the race kit car builds packages used in direct connection back in the day I believe all kinds of goodies for them back then and it made a very competitive circle tracker if not dominant especially sporting a 355 W-2 motor

Firm Feel has a Kit Car they used to race Circle track.
Not a lot of similarity to production F body except
Body shell.
They bought my 63 Polara 330 SS/FA Max Wedge some years
ago = Very Nice and Knowledgeable Folks!
Top Shelf Components!

Yeah, those F/M/J T bars are odd.

L shaped, one in front of the other.

i like em, im seriously considering getting one for my boy once he starts driving

My brother and I bought an Aspen for my nephew to drive to work when he was in the 11 grade, it stayed in the family for 7 years and ended up in Rockford Illinois where my neice drove it , a nice driving machine with a 318 two barrel a/c car.
I never drove one daily but sure liked driving it ! Surprised me on the feel, and feed back.

-
Back