-
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniesrotten

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I want to replace my 7 1/4 rear end with a Sure Grip rear with out cutting it all up in my 66 Barracuda. Does anyone in south central PA or northern MD have one they want to sell? Thanks in advance for looking and Merry Christmas to everyone.

:burnout:
I want to replace my 7 1/4 rear end with a Sure Grip rear with out cutting it all up in my 66 Barracuda. Does anyone in south central PA or northern MD have one they want to sell? Thanks in advance for looking and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Maybe I should ask something different, has anyone ever did this and do you know of a junkyard where I can buy one?

Try Klingers in pinegrove, he has a bunch of 7 1/4 rears, I did not pay attention if they were sure grip or not.

Was just talking to an acquaintance today and he said he picked up an 8.25 with 3.55s and a sure grip for $250 so they are out there. He said he had to do a complete brake rebuild which added more money to his total.

I bought a 74 8.25 housing and 3.21 with a sure grip from a friend for $300. I elected not to use the drum brakes so I probably have another $300 in all new bearing, seals etc including the parts for the Grand Cherokee disc brake upgrade.

OOPs! No 8 1/4 there any more. You will love the Cherokee disks, I did them last year and they are great. You need to get another master cyl to push them better, the jeep master works fine just need to get a adapter plate. I did kind of a how to thread on it if you need some info. Use new c clips or shim them since the little bit of play in the axels makes the disks rub in a corner, drove me nuts until I found out what was causing it.

I have a 8 3/4 3;55center chunk if you just find the A body 8 3/4 housing at the yard pm me if interested 575.00 + shipping to lower 48

I have a 8 1/4 3:23 cone suregrip coming out of my 69 Dart, complete drum to drum. Will be a couple weeks before available I'm outside of Philly, send me a pm and we'll discuss price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back