8 1/4 Rear end Narrowed locally?

-

Retson

Reaction score
Heya! I live in Santa Barbara, California. Where is the best place to get my Mopar 8 1/4 rearend Narrowed locally?

If you can't find anywhere local to do it, there's a company in Santa Fe Springs called Sutton Rear End that can do it. I know it's probably a 2 hour drive for you, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

They quoted me 100.00 bucks to relocate the spring perches, but I'm not sure how much narrowing would be.

Here's there URL: http://www.suttonrearend.com/

By the way, I was up in Solvang over the weekend. It was nice and green this time of year. :)

What width are you trying to get to? Stock?

What size (for what car) 8 1/4 are you starting with?

Might be a better idea to get the right C-body rear end and have Sutton cut and respline axles (if they are the correct ones).

I have a 1970 duster, with a 8 1/4. I upgraded to Weld Draglites 15x14 with 7.5bs on 31x18.5 MT Sportsmans.

I have a 1970 duster, with a 8 1/4. I upgraded to Weld Draglites 15x14 with 7.5bs on 31x18.5 MT Sportsmans.

Why not just get the rear wheels with the right backspace/offset.?

Does your 8 1/4 rear have a sure grip and the gears you eventually want?

If you are going to put a bunch of money into narrowing, gears, limited slip...It better spent money into a stronger 8 3/4 rear with the grip of those tires.

If you are going to put a bunch of money into narrowing, gears, limited slip...It better spent money into a stronger 8 3/4 rear with the grip of those tires.

That's exactly what I was told about my A body 8 3/4. If I was gonna pay to cut it up and rebuild everything, I could spend about $500 more and have a Dana built, so I sold the stock A body rear end and built a Strange 60.

I may be wrong, but I wouldn't stick a bunch of money into a 8 1/4 rear end that you're gonna run big tires on?!?

-
Back