-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eazyrider805

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have been looking for an 8 1/4 rear end for awhile with no luck. I know that people swap in jeep XJ 8.25 axle and Dodge dakota's but would really like to stick with something that drops right in. I wouldn't be apposed to getting an 8 3/4 but with the prices being $500 bucks just for the housing I would prefer to get a 8 1/4 fully built for that price. Let me know what you have I'm going to be running a mild built 360 magnum with 904.

Man I wish I could go to Colorado to pick it up. I will keep you in mind if I don't find anything. barracudakid where are you located?

I got one . I will ship.

image.jpeg

Correct me if I'm wrong ricbit but that looks like 7.25 axle. I cant tell from the picture but is it a 9 bolt diff cover? I'm used to the 8.25 axle out of a jeep XJ I swapped one in place of a dana turdyfive. I have always seen them with an oblong ten bolt cover.

Like I said sure looks like a 7 1/4 I'm looking for 8 1/4. What do you guys think about swapping in an XJ axle tons of those around but I have read that the axle is too long. I dont want to have to cut the housing just want an axle to bolt up and go. Specifically looking at getting 2.73 and higher gear ratio.

That's the one I'm looking for R4Sedan. rlcbit it is my understanding and someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong but 8.25 before 73 was SBP and 73+ is LBP. 62dodge is the lengths on the axles from early A bodies different?

I am interested 62 dodge got any pictures? Any idea on price to ship to CA 93454? PM me.

Here is a thread @memike and myself are doing to help everyone out on the do's and dont's of 8.25 rears. Lots of good info.

The 8 1/4 thread

Chime in if you have anything to add!

Last edited:
every mopar passenger car 8 1/4 rear axles are big bolt pattern. every A body 8 3/4 came with the small pattern. only the 7 1/4 changed from small to large at some point around 73 or 74. I have never seen a small pattern 8 1/4, and I've seen many

Agree, 73 was the start of the 8 1/4 in A body cars for sure..and all was LBP :)

Thanks for the heads up guys. Knew someone would have more detail.

You are right the ones I was thinking about are from a 7 1/4 in the 8 1/4 pile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back