8-3/4, 489 case, Sure Grip (Carrier only)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
I have decided to sell the Sure Grip 3rd member out of my Valiant in order to fund my new rear dif project.

Its a 489 case, 3:23 gears, Sure Grip.

This is NOT the entire rear, just the drop out carrier.

Here is the story:
I bought the entire rear and dropped it in my Valiant, have been running it on a normal basis through this spring and into the summer.
It started to make some noise and had a small vibration. I stopped driving it right away to prevent any further damage.

I have since pulled it out and see that seems to be the pinion bearing.
I visually checked the the wear pattern on the gears to see if there are any "new" patterns worn, and see none. All looks well.

Because I want disc brakes and it is expensive for 8-3/4s I plan to sell this and not bother to rebuild it myself.

That's the info I have.

Ill be posting this locally as well. Obviously its a bit easier for me to sell local than it is to ship. However Im not opposed to shipping if you are willing to pay for it! :-D

Im thinking 250.00 obo + shipping if needed.

Shipping will be from 23454 and Im guessing this thing weighs about 50lbs.
Ill post up some pics a bit later.

By the way if you are concerned about my reputation, I have been selling on here for quite a while. just check the link in my signature. (flip top cap adapter)

8.75 001.jpg

8.75 002.jpg

8.75 003.jpg

8.75 004.jpg

8.75 005.jpg

8.75 006.jpg

8.75 007.jpg

8.75 008.jpg

8.75 009.jpg

8.75 010.jpg

judging by the pics what you have there is the cone type posi. the clutch type has bolts all the way aroung the posi un it where it can come apart and does not use springs.

By the way here is a quick ref. for shipping.

Shipping from 23454. Just use the quick ref. or it asks for too many details. It will give a ball park for shipping.

Again Im guessing that its around 50 lbs. It fits in a milk crate so 15"x15"x15" ???

By the way here is a quick ref. for shipping.

Shipping from 23454. Just use the quick ref. or it asks for too many details. It will give a ball park for shipping.

Again Im guessing that its around 50 lbs. It fits in a milk crate so 15"x15"x15" ???

I think your under estimating the weight. The last one I shipped weighed 80 lbs. but it was in a plywood crate I built to ship it in. I don't think the crate weighed over 10 lbs. though. Is that milk crate one of the steel ones or plastic? I ask because I doubt it'd make it to it's destination in a plastic crate. Just a couple suggestions and bump for ya.

Your probably right this thing isnt light! I dont have a bathroom scale or Id weigh it. :(
Dont plan on shipping in the milk crate, just a ref. We have plywodd boxes around here pretty often. Thats most likely what it will be shipped in.

A 5 gallon paint bucket works great too. Bought a 2.94SG off another member and he shipped it in a 5 gal paint buckets through FedEx and came through with flyuing colors.

Back up for sale! Make me an offer!
Shipping to cali. was going to be around 65.00 from VA. thats coast to coast, so we will call the shipping very close to that for most places.
Let me know guys.
Scamp 74: pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back