8 3/4 housing question

-

65MagnumFish

65MagnumFish
Reaction score
Came across a 8 3/4 rear end housing from a 71 duster. Before I buy it will it fit under my 65 barracuda? I would assume so. Or are spring perches different? It would be a local pickup. Still learning about a bodies and don’t want to get burned. Thanks everyone.

Bolt in swap but the drive shaft will have to be shortened.

If it needs brake lines you will have to get a set for a 70-72 as sets for 66-69 are different where the vent and brass block go, just an FYI

If it needs brake lines you will have to get a set for a 70-72 as sets for 66-69 are different where the vent and brass block go, just an FYI

and that difference will also necessitate a longer flex hose to reach the splitter block location of the 70 and later housing. Not hard to overcome, just go to a local hydraulic hose maker and have one made up.

Came across a 8 3/4 rear end housing from a 71 duster. Before I buy it will it fit under my 65 barracuda? I would assume so. Or are spring perches different? It would be a local pickup. Still learning about a bodies and don’t want to get burned. Thanks everyone.

Rear Axle widths, drum-to-drum:
A BODY ’66-’72: 57-1/8″
Spring perch widths (center-to-center)
A-BODY '66-73= 43"
64 and 65 will have the same dimensions as a 66, they aren't listed because the 8 3/4 wasn't offered those years.

Rear Axle widths, drum-to-drum:
A BODY ’66-’72: 57-1/8″
Spring perch widths (center-to-center)
A-BODY '66-73= 43"
64 and 65 will have the same dimensions as a 66, they aren't listed because the 8 3/4 wasn't offered those years.
Thanks so much all the members here have been so gracious with their time and knowledge. I’ll be buying the rear this weekend. Thanks everyone.

-
Back