Not open for further replies.

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a complete 8 3/4 rear brake set up including the backing plates, e-brake cable lever, pad separator piece, ... for a LBP axle conversion. Will consider with our without the drums. Trying to help a friend complete his conversion in Texas.

If 8 1/4 LBP 10" parts are the same then that is an option as well.

Let me know what you have.

10"×2.5" BBP rear drum setup off any 7.25, and 8.25 fits 8.75. I used this setup off a 1974 A body 7.25" rear on an 8.75" rear. I added finned 10x2.5" drums off an 8.25" M body rear. Everything from the backing plates out on an M body will swap. Should be a bunch of M body cars with this setup and finned drums in their local boneyard.

Last edited:
I thought 7 1/4 had a smaller bearing OD so the backing plate had a smaller center hole and only 4 flange bolt holes (or does that only apply to SBP 7 1/4?)

Prob only applies to SBP 7.25 but not sure. I have another SBP 7.25 axle that has 10" drums. I can check it later today. I believe these earlier 7.25" axles also have 5 studs. I had a 1974 BBP 7.25" with 10x2.5" drums. The backing plates bolted right up to the 8.75" tube. If it has 5 studs per side, that would make sense from a parts sharing standpoint. "Why reinvent the wheel right"?

Last edited:
All of the BBP 10x2.5” brakes will interchange, doesn’t matter if it’s off a 7.25, 8.25, 8 3/4, or even a 9.25” or Dana 60.

SBP stuff is a whole different ball game.

Something like this?

IMG_4326 (1).jpg

IMG_4327 (1).jpg

Yes something like the pictures above exactly. If they need new wheel cylinders and the small hardware that is OK also.

Hey rocket how about a set of 11 x 2 1/2 let me know I have an extra set of those
Let me check tomorrow I think I have everything you need 10 x 2 and 1/2 drums and the internals you might have to do new wheel cylinders

I am looking for a complete 8 3/4 rear brake set up including the backing plates, e-brake cable lever, pad separator piece, ... for a LBP axle conversion. Will consider with our without the drums. Trying to help a friend complete his conversion in Texas.

If 8 1/4 LBP 10" parts are the same then that is an option as well.

Let me know what you have.

hi, i have 2 hardware kits

Hey rocket how about a set of 11 x 2 1/2 let me know I have an extra set of those

How much do you want for the 11" x 2-1/2"? I have 15 in LBP rims. 10" Wide. I'm the one Rocket is helping out. I can get him to reply, but could you give us a price. Very Interested. Need them soon. In PM is fine...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back