8 3/4 rear disc conversion question

-

Hankrebel

Reaction score
Im almost ready to do a 7 1/4 > 8 3/4 swap on my 71 Swinger.
I've been researching the different conversion kits and setups for read disc. I've looked at other members setups and cant seem to find what Im looking for.

Most conversion kits come with either a braided SS or rubber flex line that connect the caliper to the hard lines.
What I'm looking for is what connects the flex line to the hard line. The kits dont have this that I can tell.
Attached is what I think would make the connection but dont know what its called or where to get it.

axle bracket.JPG

Can be done 2 ways.

Use rubber hose then flare a 3/16" brake line. The brake line with come with a nut.

If you have braided AN brake hose you will need an adapter from #4 to 3/16. Summit/Jegs

Actually what you see there is all one piece, the silver colored bit going through the tab on the axle fron the hose to the hard line is one unit. An assembled hose should be ready to install.

How do they connect? Exactly the same way the flex hoses connect to the hard lines on the front brakes. The flared steel line just screws into the fitting on the end of the pre-made rubber hose. There is no in-between piece. I bought the SSBC kit and it came with all the lines and hoses. The little bracket shown in your picture is not included, instead they use big zip-ties to hold the lines to the axle.

I used a SSBC on my 65 Dart. The brackets I used on the rear axle were some brackets I cut off for the front brake lines of an F-Body they rapped around axle housing without much of a problem and I tack welded them to the axle housing so that caliper could be removed without having to disconnect anything. Just my idea.

You can make your own brackets to hold both lines and weld them to your housing like I did or have a muffler shop weld them on before you do the conversion.

-
Back