8 3/4 spool questions ?

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Will i have to use green bearings with a spool ?
Will all of my 8 1/4 break stuff fit the 8 3/4 ?
Thank you . ..

I would think you can run tapered bearings with a spool. Just order the correct lenght axles and remember to account for the spacer if you decide to use one. I would speak to your supplier and make sure they understand what you want to do. Green would be so much easier. The brakes should swap over no problem. Big bolt pattern I presume.

I would think you can run tapered bearings with a spool. Just order the correct lenght axle member to account for the spacer if you decide to use one. I would speak to your supplier and make sure they understand what you want to do. Green would be so much easier. The brakes should swap over no problem. Big bolt pattern I presume.

Yes, big bolt. I'll probably get the green bearings, but I don't have the axles in my hands yet so its hard for me to visualize how it works .

the spool requires green bearings. its a better setup, over tapered bearings and spacer. also, green bearings let car roll easier, no bearing drag!!! if you use a spacer and tapered bearings and take it apart, spacer might drop out?? there's nothing in there to hold it. like a stock diff has. the k.i. s.s. method is best.

You can use the tapered bearings with a spool but you have to install a piece of splined axle shaft, inside the spool, the exact length so both axles touch it. Done it many times.

-
Back