8/6-8/11 Mopars at Myrtle Beach SC

-
Sure hope some more mopars show up in the next few days. There was only 2 cars at hooters when I rode by at 4:30.

Last night at hard rock there was maybe 12 cars mostly new challengers. There was a dart swinger in the mix though and a very hairy guy in a ford powered cobra kit car that showed up and felt out of place in about 5 mins and left.

lets see, its cooler on the surface of the sun.

and same weekend as the nats.

gee i wonder why low attendence.

...and all the pics on FB last nite had folks wiping their cars down from the rain. There's some tropical mess going through that is going turn some off. I won't make it. Too many things going on here.

I'm about 2 hours from the beach and we've been having rain every day and more in the forecast for the rest of the week. I wasn't really planning to go anyway because of the temps this time of year but the rain sealed the deal for me. I wish they would have planned it for Oct. or Nov. Still run the risk of rainy weather but at least the temps would be bareable and the summer tourist traffic will be gone (along with the summer prices).. I'll keep an eye open for Friday / Saturday and see what it looks like. If the weather cooperates I might take a run out for an overnighter.

I'm saving my road trip for the Charlotte Auto Fair next month. Hunting season starts for White Tails in 6 days.

Yea it was a wash I ended up not going several days. The weather wasn't as hot as it usually is. I just figured there was more to do then go see the same 5 cars everyday. I didn't waste the gas to drive to darlington to be let down.

Couldn't pull it off this year, too much going on. And then the weather...Anyway, it looked like a decent turn out. Got the calender marked for next year.

I didnt know there was a weekend for Mopars at Myrtle, Can you tell me what the weekend schedual for next year will be?????? It would be nice to meet and hang out with some other local members.

-
Back