8.75 Rear End Setting

-

J's1970Duster

Reaction score
Today I installed my 8.75 rear end into my Duster. After all said and done I noticed that the passenger side tire sticks out about a .5 inch more than the driver side.

Is this normal?
Did I do something wrong?

If you ever need Mopar rear end parts Cass at doctordiff.com is the one to speak to. He helped me with all the parts I needed at a very reasonable price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 215
Yep pretty much normal. One side is always a little tighter.

Today I installed my 8.75 rear end into my Duster. After all said and done I noticed that the passenger side tire sticks out about a .5 inch more than the driver side.

Is this normal?
Did I do something wrong?

Hmmm.....did you build this rear?

Axle end play set?

Suregrip with the OEM roller bearings?

Or are you using the green bearings?

It may not be the rear end, heehee.
A-bodies were notorious for being welded up less than symmetrically from side to side. Or so I have heard. Also since the D is near 45 years old, lots of things could be out of line. But yes it's common for that rear to be a lil longer on the adjuster side.I corrected mine by fabbing a 1/4"spacer for the otherside.If you recall the SG center-spacer has a long slot in it, to allow the axle to install where-ever. Mine allowed that much space at least, and I needed it on the other side to center 325s.

First let me also do a shout out to Cass, he is a stand up kinda guy willing to help a lot.

My E body was a little oddball with the right hand side sticking out a smidge, I dont think any of the Mopar body alignment in these area's are great, you just have to deal with it in what ever maner needed

Hmmm.....did you build this rear?

Axle end play set?

Suregrip with the OEM roller bearings?

Or are you using the green bearings?

The whole rear end was purchased as set from Doctor Diff. The only thing I didn't buy from him was the 3rd member. I bought it out of Reno. Not sure what bearings are in there. I know that the axels have green bearings on them.

The whole rear end was purchased as set from Doctor Diff. The only thing I didn't buy from him was the 3rd member. I bought it out of Reno. Not sure what bearings are in there. I know that the axles have green bearings on them.

That is what I was asking.

Is the center a suregrip?

IF it is, did you remove the thrust buttons or thrust block before installing it?

Is it a clutch or cone suregrip?

The whole rear end was purchased as set from Doctor Diff. The only thing I didn't buy from him was the 3rd member. I bought it out of Reno. Not sure what bearings are in there. I know that the axles have green bearings on them.

That is what I was asking.

Is the center a suregrip?

IF it is, did you remove the thrust buttons or thrust block before installing it?

Is it a clutch or cone suregrip?

Then again, Cass is probably using the bearings that work with it in there.

-
Back