8'' over bored lifter

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
has anyone ever heard of a 8'' over lifter bore
i am recamming my 360 and it reminded me just thought i would share the info with u guys

the small block mopar engine book says the engine will stamped with a diamond to identify the oversized lifter bore
anyone know were to get one
thanks

has anyone ever heard of a 8'' over lifter bore
i am recamming my 360 and it reminded me just thought i would share the info with u guys

the small block mopar engine book says the engine will stamped with a diamond to identify the oversized lifter bore
anyone know were to get one
thanks

are you sure its not .008"

you might be right assembled the engine about 8 years ago its been awhile since i measured it , the oversized lifter will not fit in the other boresand the others fit very loose in the large bore , i found it when i got the engine running and had very little oil pressure, went to a my local dealer and talk to the parts guy and he found a part# and ordered the lifter ( he's been dead a while now but man was he awesome)
i'll remeasure tomarrow night after work

factroy re machined the lifter bores rather than scrap the block for out of tolerance. There were other markings used for other reasons too. One that looked like a surfer cross. I forget what it noted.

Yes, .008"... The problem is they havent made the lifters in years from what I know. If you have the block witht hem, you're looking at lifter bore bushings if you want to put a cam in it.

Yep it happen to me. $200 to get it bushed--bare block. Lost 10 days waiting also. We looked for over size lifters, could not find any.

You need to find a shop that can do it, my engine guy was having problems, Mancini told me where to go, Best Engines 5 miles from my house.

My block had a diamond up by the deck above that lifter bore.

-
Back