80 St Regis parts for Cuda

-

69 F!SH 360

Reaction score
Anyone know if the st regis (r body) cop car disc breaks make a good swap onto 67-69 barracudas? I found a pair of these cop cars with 360 motors, 727 trans, 15" wheels and firm feel police steering units - which I wanted to buy for $1000. The motors will be put in my 69 and 73 barracudas (both original 318/a904 cars), the disc brakes would be installed on the 67 formula s 383 and the 69 notchback. That is, if this is a good swap. I have purchased the late a body disc setup (slider caliper version) and done the swap on my road runner, but cannot recall hearing about r body swaps.
I know '80 360 motors, even in the cop car, are probably severely detuned - but guess that even these motors would respond well to basic upgrades (street performance cam, dual plane alum. intake, headers). tips and suggestions appreciated.

My understanding is that the spindles on those cars are too tall due to the isolated suspension that those cars have. It's supposed to throw the suspension geometry off in the earlier cars. Plus you'll still have to round up the late A-body upper control arms to do the conversion. Now once you've got the correct spindles, you can use the St.Regis rotors and calipers/adapters if you just have to have the bigger brakes. I think you have to use 15" or bigger wheels with those big brakes also.

-
Back