833 input shaft dia.

-

Wilson

Reaction score
Have my 833 out for a clutch swap and noticed that the input shaft has been undercut in the middle by .001, no idea why. Most of the shaft is .747 except where it's machined down to .746. Haven't been able to find any fact. specs. for stock dia. other than the pilot bushing I.D. is .754. Can someone with an 833 out on the bench mic. the input? And is 7 or 8 thou. clearance anything to worry about? Thanks.....

I have one measuring .749" - .750".

Grease that pilot up and run it IMO.

I would guess what you are seeing is from wear. I this is going into a late crank, why not run the later / larger bushing / bearing which occupies the converter snout register?

I just measured 3 that I have, one old one that I use for clutch alignment one that's in the spare trans and a never used N.O.S. one I have and they all measured the same with a mic. .748.

Thanks to all for the replies! Didn't occur to me that the step was from wear because it's so uniform, but that has to be it. I won't worry about a couple of thou. extra play then, will do as suggested-new bushing, grease and go.

-
Back