$8k intake!

-
LMAO@ that post! If those are worth 8 grand then we have a fortune in our shop down in Florida, some people really need to get outside more often!

If I remember right some of the original cross rams were magnesium....I think the repop ones are in the $2500 range....I think the repop carbs are in the $600 each range...

Really? What kinda stuff to you HAVE?

My dad raced for Grand Spaulding Dodge from 1964 to 1972 and has quite a collection of things over the years. He has 15 Mopars soon to be 16 when the Hellcat gets delivered in his garage including 6 factory Hemi cars. His parts collection is massive and not for sale. We have 5 fully restored factory Hemi engines, 2 street Hemis and 3 full race Hemis, I know we restored a few of the Hemi cross ram intake setups with correct carbs and linkage last year and have I think 4 or 5 still needing some stuff restored. I have 3 complete 440+6 factory aluminum manifolds and 2 cast manifolds completely restored with correct carbs and linkage. Have a few completely rebuilt factory 426 max wedge engines with cross ram intakes and correct carbs. Just a crap load of spare parts from dana 60 rear ends to body panels and wheels from rare mopars, so much stuff we have been trying to inventory it for 3 years and I am still not yet finshed. His garage/shop is 200 ft by 150 ft and its a 2 story with storage upstairs. My whole 2012 Peterbilt with his new 5 car car hauler fits inside his shop. He is very sentimental about his things and memories. I have a few B-body cars at my home down in Florida as well. I will be going back home for winter time when my 68 Barracuda gets finished here in Colorado and then we can load up and head home. The 68 Barracuda is just a car from past memories I had with my older brother that ended badly for him so I wanted to get this 68 as a remembrance of the fun we had in that car until he wrecked it and died back in the early 90's. Anyways sorry got off topic there for a minute lol. Dads getting up there in years now 75 years young and we still drag race nostalgia races with his cars. I have a 220 inch Outlaw Racing built rear engine dragster down home with a 500 inch stroker 440 with Indy heads I just finished it last year it ran best of 7.25 @ 184 MPH 1/4 mile and has more to squeeze out of it time slip included here and pic of my Pete and dads car hauler. Will post pics from Florida when I get back home after the Toyota and lucas oil races in Vegas. Flying home to help dad prep the cars and get them loaded and hi the road for the longa$$ trip lol!!

Attachments

• gar car 12.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 315
  • pri2004_exview2_full.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 310
$8k? Using hashtags in a craigslist ad? This guy has got to be on something.

guys racing in SS/AH pay $5K & up for custom hemi intakes.

and like Ink said, new ones are pricey

that being said
the $8K price is a wee bit high trying to sucker in an unlucky car restorer

I know the Hemi stuff is up there, but damn .. this just seemed too far up there !

Lol...
Not trying to be rude but DAM Dan, I think you DO have a fortune in that shop...
Nice rig an parts collection!

Dragondan, I would like to see pictures of the cars and engines posted in a separate thread. Maybe it could be a tribute to your dad.

Dragondan, I would like to see pictures of the cars and engines posted in a separate thread. Maybe it could be a tribute to your dad.

Yeah that's the plan after I go home to Florida I am finishing up the inventory and will document everything for insurance reasons and can post what my dad will let me lol! He has been robbed more then once and thinks posting pics is like advertising his stuff to be stolen, he's an old school guy but will try my best to get some posted maybe after the holidays are done, Will be going home to Scotland for Christmas and New years too. And there is a guy from here already doing a tribute/story about Grand Spaulding Dodge and has contacted us for some documents and pics and of course stories from the good old days when dad raced for them from 1964 to 1971-2, the guy is a writer and will be doing a whole story after he picks my dads brain for stories. Should be great!

-
Back