9 months of body work and finally paint was laid

-

71dustar

Reaction score
I thought I would show you guys my duster just after it got home from my friends paint shop. I still have to wet sand but being this is my first rebuild on a car I think the body came out straight/looks good. hope you like. oh and the color is GY3-Curious Yellow

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

That looks real nice, you'll really love it after the wet sand and buff!! You should be proud of the work that you've done so far. I see all the great jobs people do on their cars on this site and it inspires me to go and get another a-body and see what I can to with it.

I'm sure you're itching to get it to the track. Are you going to put a big block in it?

im going to be putting a stroked small block in it. only wish i had more money and more time to work on it

Good job!

I did a little body work here recently and I have respect for the guys that do that for a living.

Wow...what a COLOR! Your car looks great.... just take your time re-assembling her. May I suggest taping ALL the panel openings with the blue painters tape to prevent chips. Also tape on old bed sheets where ever you might be walking past it constantly. Scratches come from the un-known.... 8)

But man-o-man....what a color!

never thought about taping the edges or even the sheets. thats my biggest fear right now is having me or someone else forget just for a moment and boom a scratch appears.

Congrats, looks great! Is that single stage or base/clear? How many coats did you put down? What brand of paint and gun did you use?

never thought about taping the edges or even the sheets. thats my biggest fear right now is having me or someone else forget just for a moment and boom a scratch appears.

I had my car home from the bodyshop 3 days when I put a small chip in a door opening. Now everything is taped up....

Wow! That looks great. What brand of paint did you use. Thanks

Congrats, looks great! Is that single stage or base/clear? How many coats did you put down? What brand of paint and gun did you use?

My friend couldn't find my color code in ppg so he had to use a different brand not sure what it is but its more water based. Couldn't tell you what gun he used either. Since the paint was more water based than he usually uses, he put on i believe 4 coat or so and it's base/clear.

-
Back