90* Adapter Gaskets?

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Hi everyone, do you know if any parts stores carry the plastic washer and cork gasket that go on the bolt for the 90* oil filter adapter???

I've seemed to misplace mine and am putting the motor in the car today so kinda needed ASAP, lol.

Or, has anyone used something different??

Thanks!!

worst case is most parts stores have the gasket material and you can cut one out.

Hi everyone, do you know if any parts stores carry the plastic washer and cork gasket that go on the bolt for the 90* oil filter adapter???

I've seemed to misplace mine and am putting the motor in the car today so kinda needed ASAP, lol.

Or, has anyone used something different??

Thanks!!

Got a local Chrysler dealer? They "might" have it.

I could,nt get any from the local dealer,so searched on Summit site and found them.So I bought 2 kits.Mancini,s racing probably carries them also.As already mentioned,you could make your own and search plumbing area for the smaller plastic and cork gaskets.

maybe get the gasket kit from ebay and have ask if you can have it shipped 2day? only other option I can think of is get another rebuild gasket set.

I just went through this last weekend while installing a set of doug's headers. Checked ALL of the common parts stores...nobody has it in stock. Luckily the cork gasket was stll good. Just used form a gasket...worked perfect.

Good luck

..where does the small cork gasket go....inside or outside?
got mine from our mopar dealer

If memeory serves me, the cork gasket is pretty thick then there should be another washer about the same size as the cork gasket, only thinner. The cork gasket goes on the inside of the adapter oner the center bolt and the thinner washer goes on the outside of the center bolt and seals the head of the bolt from leaking. DO NOT leave the cork out!!!!

No idea where to get the gaskets though. any open machine shops in the Springs that might have any?

Thanks everyone. Went ahead and bought a pack of Felpro gasket material from NAPA and made my own. Wasn't sure how thick the cork washer was, thought it was somewhere around 3/16" thick so doubled up the 1/8" and 1/16" cork...so far have 65psi oil pressure and holding.
Prob gonna order the right gaskets though and change them out some time. Just sucks with those Hooker 5208's in the way, lol.

is it pretty common for these 90 degree adapters to leak? Mine seems to be dripping ... it's rather annoying!

...depends on how old they are, but the one I pulled off my 318 when I swapped to the 5.2 was totally nastified...I had to do the make your own route too because I needed the car to run and no one had them locally. Not even Napa or the mopar dealer. Those nincompoops tried to tell me they didn't sell parts for mitsubishis when I asked for parts for a '72 Scamp...so I had to ask for stuff for an 85 Ramcharger.

...and yes I know the 80s Scamp was a Mitsubishi vehicle...

...and yes I know the 80s Scamp was a Mitsubishi vehicle...

Actually the 80's Scamp was Mopar.

It was a Truck version of the Dodge Omni (think tiny elcamino). 1 Year Only, 1983. They made about 2,300 regular Scamps and 1,200 Scamp GT's (I have an '83 Scamp GT)

They used a Chrysler 2.2L Engine, with either a 3-Speed Auto (Rare option for the Scamp), 4-Speed Manual or 5-Speed Manual. Front Wheel Drive.

Well I'm gonna have to order a set. The thing just started leaking like a siv! Guess I'll have to drop the pass side headers to get to it :(

Do yourself a favor and get a can of Right Stuff and coat the outer gasket with it. No leaks!

Actually the 80's Scamp was Mopar.

It was a Truck version of the Dodge Omni (think tiny elcamino). 1 Year Only, 1983. They made about 2,300 regular Scamps and 1,200 Scamp GT's (I have an '83 Scamp GT)

They used a Chrysler 2.2L Engine, with either a 3-Speed Auto (Rare option for the Scamp), 4-Speed Manual or 5-Speed Manual. Front Wheel Drive.

I stand corrected-I remember seeing them when I was growing up, and for some reason I was under the impression they were a mitsu powered vehicle...must be thinking about the little D50 trucks. In any event, the guy at the Dodge dealership thought I was feeding him a line of doo doo when I told him I had a '72 Scamp...should've seen the look on his face.

They've got these at Classic Industries for about 12 bucks, they're also being sold on eBay for around $20

Can anyone tell me if the cork washer is 1/8" or 3/16" stat!! Stranded at work as oil is spraying out between the adapter and the block!
I put 3/16" in it and I'm wondering if its too thick and not letting the adapter smoosh the block gasket?

-
Back