Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Well folks i have looked everywhere for some of these with no luck
i need 4 pieces of a 90 degree brass fitting for my hpg-1 fram fuel filter and electric pump. I know it takes a 6 an aluminum fitting but what size is it in a brass fitting? So it's male 6 an with a 3/8 barb for fuel line.

Are you talking about the part that screws into the filter, if so that should be NPT.

yes I mean the fitting for the fuel in and out location of the filter. seems like when I measure is it is .695 id so does that make it a 5/8 npt ?

yes I mean the fitting for the fuel in and out location of the filter. seems like when I measure is it is .695 id so does that make it a 5/8 npt ?

No they are 3/8 NPT

Pipe is measured nominally inside diameter. 3/8 pipe nipples, example, are the same OD as 5/8 heater hose

On a side note you will never find a casting such as this filter or a valve, etc that is female AN.

Also, so far as I know, there is no such thing as no6 AN "same as" in brass. Brass is almost always what is called SAE which is 45 degree flare. AN is 37 degree flare. Most of the two series, AN and SAE share the same THREAD size with different flare angle

But 3/8 (no 6) and 3/4 (no 12) are different thread or different thread size.

AN is the same as common tractor hydraulics, called JIC These are generally steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back