90 degree oil filter adapter or not?

-

trebor75

Reaction score
I have a 360 that is going into a 1970 Duster with Hooker Competition headers. The Oil filter clears the header as shown in the picture. I plan to go with a shorter filter than the one in the picture. Do I by some other reason need to use a 90 degree oil filter adapter? I would rather not use it if possible. Anyone running this combo in a Duster? Thanks in advance.

C355B247-8C54-42B2-8BBE-92CDB291ECFB_1_105_c.jpeg

I have a 360 that is going into a 1970 Duster with Hooker Competition headers. The Oil filter clears the header as shown in the picture. I plan to go with a shorter filter than the one in the picture. Do I by some other reason need to use a 90 degree oil filter adapter? I would rather not use it if possible. Anyone running this combo in a Duster? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1715962030
Looks like it clears everything fine so far.

Keep in mine the filter will be hotter that close to the header, when it’s turned back it will stay cooler. If you run a shorter filter, it will give more room but it may not filter as good since there is less material inside to clean the oil. I would run one, they fit nice and you can adjust them to different angles...I like mine on my 340.

I’m running one in my 340 duster with TTI headers and a wix 51515R which is a “Ford” filter. Have plenty of clearance from the body and from the headers…

C3056DF2-3BCB-49FA-B5AF-3DF1466902C1.jpeg

I have TTI shortys on my 360 and run a full size Wix filter without the 90 adapter even thought I bought one just for the headers. TBH that entire area gets pretty warm. Have not noted any issues with the oil.

MY2C

Thanks for all the input. I'm way over in Sweden, anyone know where I could order one?

Run the adapter and the long filter. If you ever decide to buy a different set of headers you’ll probably find you can’t run a full sized filter without the adapter, and as I learned a couple of weeks ago, there are some headers you can’t even use a short filter on without the right angle adapter.

-
Back