904 guts in 727 case.

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
So I have heard of this both here and other forums. Apparently serious racers looking for every last h.p will do this. I wouldn't do it.Rather buy lightweight components for the 727 and end up with a stronger tranny.

Has anyone done this or used lightweight internals?

Durability affected at all?

Super Stockers/ Stockers will run billet 904 parts in 727, these parts and trans are made by ProTrans in Palmdale Ca...

any of the ss/s cars with a small block will run a 904 with lightweight aluminum parts.....

The 68 Hemi cars run the billet 904 parts in their 727 case....

better bring your Visa card.....

Actually I think they are now running modified C4 parts... Lighter than 904... And yeah, as I recall they can run over $2300. Fully lightened and rollerized with a good valve body.

got a friend with a F/SA 68 340 Barracuda, he bought a ProTrans lightweight low drag 904 last year...paid over 4K for it.

Sounds like a lot of money for a few tenths,but hey if your that serious...

Yep ProTrans does them, over $5K now with shipping. The SS/AH cars used to use them but don't any longer as far as I know. Once they went over 850HP they wouldn't hold up. NHRA rules state any trans that was available in the car is legal. No external modifications are allowed but you can do anything you want to the inside. 340's all came with 727's and of course all big blocks did as well. 360's and 318's could have been equipped either way so a 904 is legal for them.

-
Back