904 with overdrive???

-

T-REX

Reaction score
I knoiw it's not call'd a 904 after they kame out wit tha OD and lock up, but it's tha same size az tha 904......I had one once that kame out a dodge dakota, wit a v-6 and it wuzn't all that computer controll'd stuff....Most places I go to ask about one seemz to thank they don't exsist, but I know they do, juss don't know what tha numbers were changed to!!!....

I'm put'in my 66 wagon back together with a stockie 318, and I want an OD tranny for sum gas milage...I kan find tha 727 type trannys, but I don't want to re-vamp my floor to use tha big tranny....I've read bout ever post in tha Transmission tech and ain't seen what I'm look'in for...I see a lot ov people dat like spend'in money, but I fall outside that catigory....Any help would be appreciated!!!

A500 is 904 w/OD, A518 is 727 w/OD. Either will require trans tunnel mods, etc..

So far as I know, the only OD that does not require floor modification is an aftermarket unit like Gear Vendors

HOWEVER you said "stockie" (learned a new word, there.) There might not be any good reason to WANT an OD with a stock engine. Hell, depending on your rear axle, it might just put the engine below the torque band and you might get WORSE mileage.

Check your rear gear ratio,because the O.D will only benefit you if you have steep gears like 3:73 or higher numerically. 67dart is right,the motor will lug if it's out of it's powerband. Also if you have an A500 with locking tq,it may not lock up depending how much converter you have. But you did say stockie right,so this should not be a worry

spell check, it does shure help sum lol but seriously the A500 (OD 904) won't fit without cutting the floor

easy Guys
Subject: Spelling doesn't count!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

FORWARD ONLY IF YOU CAN READ IT.

I appreciate ya'll reply's(Teknikle advise, az well az all tha english teecherz!!..lol)...it wuz very helpfull, and made me stop an thank about my combo....So, Have'in 2:76 geerz and 14" tirez(2:25X60X14), maybe I should juss put tha stockie 904 in it...

Oh, spellchekk iz fer weeniez....:).........An Oledartfart, I had no problemz reed'in yo post!!!...Smart people kin reed it any way ya rite it...Tha otherz prolly should not venture from tha chebby an fode sites!!!...;-)

easy Guys
Subject: Spelling doesn't count!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

FORWARD ONLY IF YOU CAN READ IT.

thats really neat, I didn't think I would be able to understand that but I did!:toothy7:

I actually skimmed through that pretty quick but still got the gist. Neat trick!

Hey Dodge freek...Ya have ta put a U wit BY ta BUY a new car....Dahhhhhhh....An which skool U went to????......Lol......U have a nice day ya heer!!!

Oh, an juss fer ya'llz info, I wuz inquire'in about a camshaft for tha stockie mota fer low end torque, and then use tha OD to put tha mota in it's low rpm torque range...Wit all tha new cam teknoligy, I figger'd it wuz not a problem, but it seems I'm look'in for tha impossible, even wit new cam stuff....So.....I'll go other directionz!!!....Thankz for ya'llz input!!

I knoiw it's not call'd a 904 after they kame out wit tha OD and lock up, but it's tha same size az tha 904......I had one once that kame out a dodge dakota, wit a v-6 and it wuzn't all that computer controll'd stuff....Most places I go to ask about one seemz to thank they don't exsist, but I know they do, juss don't know what tha numbers were changed to!!!....

I'm put'in my 66 wagon back together with a stockie 318, and I want an OD tranny for sum gas milage...I kan find tha 727 type trannys, but I don't want to re-vamp my floor to use tha big tranny....I've read bout ever post in tha Transmission tech and ain't seen what I'm look'in for...I see a lot ov people dat like spend'in money, but I fall outside that catigory....Any help would be appreciated!!!

I have 904 with overdrive where can I find a switch so I lock it in or out of overdrive I am putting it in a 39 Plymouth coupe

Hey Dodge freek...Ya have ta put a U wit BY ta BUY a new car....Dahhhhhhh....An which skool U went to????......Lol......U have a nice day ya heer!!!

Oh, an juss fer ya'llz info, I wuz inquire'in about a camshaft for tha stockie mota fer low end torque, and then use tha OD to put tha mota in it's low rpm torque range...Wit all tha new cam teknoligy, I figger'd it wuz not a problem, but it seems I'm look'in for tha impossible, even wit new cam stuff....So.....I'll go other directionz!!!....Thankz for ya'llz input!!

Some people missed spelling class in school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it

chevy hillbilly.jpg

-
Back