911 for 411 sb mechanical rockers

-

Keven S. Clickner

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Received a set of rocker arms today .FedEx showed up on Sunday. Surprised me .but to the point..
Has anybody here ever seen a set of small block rocker arms as those pictured?. These were sold to me as a kit Made by Crane Cams. The seller whom I consider to be a quality provider of Quality Parts for Chrysler specific vehicles.
This is my first transaction with them. I called them to confirm the application , as well as the availability , because they didn't look like any small block rocker arm I'd ever seen before . And they had been posted on the website for some time as the last available . The part numbers posted at the website match The Crane Cams part numbers . In the last 6 months I've likely looked at thousands of small block rocker arms . I was assured on the telephone that they were small block rocker arms and that as long as I had not bolted them down I'd be able to return them. Gracious and informational and good on the telephone I have no complaints whatsoever other than what I see before me with these rocker arms. If these are small block rocker arms I may piss my self because these would be the best-looking LA arms I've ever seen. The arched rib across the top has got to be strong but I just don't believe they could possibly be that good a deal. Big block I say, how about you?
Thanks all .
I'll be on the telephone tomorrow morning . Hopefully a video call and I'll set these things up on a cylinder head I have mocked up here .
Matching them up side with an original rocker through there packaging has offered no definite that I can identify.

20201004_173413.jpg

I agree we could use a better pic. They look like Big Block arms. Measure the shaft length. The springs are also from that set up , small blocks use spacers unless this kit is different.

I'm trying to get some time in here to get to the factory service manual to see if there's a dimension I can get. from Center of the shaft to the pad or the adjuster or Center to center of pad to adjuster.

The shaft bore through the rocker seems to be the same width as a 273. But the link from adjuster to the pad that difficult to tell without breaking Packaging and I don't want to get burned for cost on this so I'm reluctant to break the packaging until I have them on the telephone

I think the retailer put this kit together not crane. They couldn't tell me if the shafts were grooved or not. I was told likely they were not grooved shafts. The shaft length is small block

Those look like big block rockers by looking at the pushrod adjuster location which seem to be a little off center. Small block adjusters are centered in the rocker.

The small block Crane iron rocker kits did come with springs and not spacers. The shafts were not grooved in the Crane small block kit. I have a couple of pictures of Crane small block rockers. I am posting one or two on my phone but may have more at home. Ignore the shafts in The background as they are not Crane shafts.

Crane in third picture is one on the left.

C43691E9-A7EE-4500-B4CB-55D4A7E2570D.jpeg
39DD8C8A-50BB-4F6B-A89D-17F7D986D7E9.jpeg
4A9964B5-E045-4C20-AC0C-ED5AC83B76D2.jpeg
1AF82610-8C10-4A8D-9D48-622F93E2325D.jpeg

Last edited:
The rockers are offset. They’re for a BB.
SB rockers are straight(all 16 the same, no lefts/rights).

The SB Crane rockers don’t really look anything like that.
They’re more like 273 rockers, but “beefier”.

Edit, I see Rocket has a pic of one above.

The OP may have still done okay with those depending on what he paid for them.
I believe the current price for Crane iron BB rockers and separator springs(no shafts) is about $500.

Crane SB rocker:

0F764E4E-2A69-411C-AF5E-CBD4930BED39.png

Last edited:
I one time got a set of Comp LA rockers on RB shafts new from Comp. Anything can happen on the assembly line.

Received a set of rocker arms today .FedEx showed up on Sunday. Surprised me .but to the point..
Has anybody here ever seen a set of small block rocker arms as those pictured?. These were sold to me as a kit Made by Crane Cams. The seller whom I consider to be a quality provider of Quality Parts for Chrysler specific vehicles.
This is my first transaction with them. I called them to confirm the application , as well as the availability , because they didn't look like any small block rocker arm I'd ever seen before . And they had been posted on the website for some time as the last available . The part numbers posted at the website match The Crane Cams part numbers . In the last 6 months I've likely looked at thousands of small block rocker arms . I was assured on the telephone that they were small block rocker arms and that as long as I had not bolted them down I'd be able to return them. Gracious and informational and good on the telephone I have no complaints whatsoever other than what I see before me with these rocker arms. If these are small block rocker arms I may piss my self because these would be the best-looking LA arms I've ever seen. The arched rib across the top has got to be strong but I just don't believe they could possibly be that good a deal. Big block I say, how about you?
Thanks all .
I'll be on the telephone tomorrow morning . Hopefully a video call and I'll set these things up on a cylinder head I have mocked up here .
Matching them up side with an original rocker through there packaging has offered no definite that I can identify.

View attachment 1715606843

Let me know if you decide to sell them, I'd be interested

Those look like big block rockers by looking at the pushrod adjuster location which seem to be a little off center. Small block adjusters are centered in the rocker.

The small block Crane iron rocker kits did come with springs and not spacers. The shafts were not grooved in the Crane small block kit. I have a couple of pictures of Crane small block rockers. I am posting one or two on my phone but may have more at home. Ignore the shafts in The background as they are not Crane shafts.

Crane in third picture is one on the left.

View attachment 1715607147 View attachment 1715607148 View attachment 1715607137 View attachment 1715607138
Yes , thank you Rocket . Yeah I'm familiar with the crane small block rocker arms which is what I was told these were. Tell me the middle picture as the post appears to me in your msg. the rocker arm on the right hand side bushed . I can see the bushing in it with the arched rib above the arm , what make is that?

I one time got a set of Comp LA rockers on RB shafts new from Comp. Anything can happen on the assembly line.
Yeah I saw the photo they had posted look like big block rockers that's why I called before I ordered. You never know what you're looking at in the photo a representation you know anymore they alway say photo is representation of product and actual part may differ , you know crap like that.

The rockers are offset. They’re for a BB.
SB rockers are straight(all 16 the same, no lefts/rights).

The SB Crane rockers don’t really look anything like that.
They’re more like 273 rockers, but “beefier”.

Edit, I see Rocket has a pic of one above.

The OP may have still done okay with those depending on what he paid for them.
I believe the current price for Crane iron BB rockers and separator springs(no shafts) is about $500.

Crane SB rocker:

View attachment 1715607151
Yeah I agree

-
Back