911, what fuse for dash lights?

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
We are trying to get the dash lights all to work on a 73 Duster and the fuses don't look bad, but all lights are not working. The lights also do not look bad, what fuse controlls the lights? What other problem may we be dealing with?

We are trying to get the dash lights all to work on a 73 Duster and the fuses don't look bad, but all lights are not working. The lights also do not look bad, what fuse controlls the lights? What other problem may we be dealing with?
have you tried turning the light switch on for the courtesy lights? this is also the dimmer switch for the dash lights. if may be off. my 73 duster has this built in to the switch. just a thought...

What do you mean by "all lights?"

IF SOME of the dash lights work that operate of the dash dimmer, then the circuit is OK and you have lamp or socket problems

By the way, the dash light fuse gets it's power from the headlight switch (dash dimmer) WHICH GETS ITS POWER from the tail light fuse. So if the tail fuse is blown or not making connection, the dash lights won't work, either

Well, we just replaced all bulbs, the head lights work, tail lights work, dome light, oil pressure light, blinkers, yet the actual dash lights do not????? This is being a real pain in the ***

My dash lights are pretty dim and tough to tell when they're on unless it's really dark........Just a thought for ya' J :wave:

http://70duster440.com/DashHarness70 Page 2 and 3.PDF

Look at this diagram. Cavity 'F' on the fuse block is the circuit for dash and other accessory lights. The orange wires (E2-18 O & E2A-18 O) are what feed those lamps. Do you have a test light? With the headlight switch on you should have power on both ends of the fuse. If there is no power there then I'd be looking at the headlight switch. If there is power then the problem is downstream of the fuse block. Then check for power at the instruments (orange wire at instrument plug).

Thanks everyone. I followed the diagram that 70duster gave and pulled the fuse. It looks great. put a different one in anyway and everything works. Thanks again.

-
Back