92 accord randomly stopped running

-

beebeeri000

Rest-O-Moder
Reaction score
hey guys so last night i went to the bank and my car had been running good , but then when i came out my honda would start the immediately die. it has a gull tank, a good battery and no ecu or tcu codes. im not sure that it could be, also the windows wouldn't roll up unless the car was started and this hasn't happened before. this car is my daily so if anyone has had this problem before or might know what's wrong that'd be great.

First thing I would try is to disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes, then reconnect it.
It may just need an UCU reset.

Check your fuses and test to see if the ignition is passing power in the normal run position.
The dying immediately and the window thing makes me think there is a loss of power somewhere.

Gauges work in the run position?
Lights?
blinkers and such?

Personally I would check your alternator. Sounds like you have the juice to kick the starter over and start the car, but the alternator isn't putting anything out to keep the spark going. That's just my .02, and I'm not a mechanic. Good luck.

EDIT: I realize a bum alternator shouldn't affect the windows, so I'm not sure. Check your battery cable connections, make sure they're snug. My mother-in-law has a 98 Accord that I just went through something similar with, and it turned out all it was was a loose battery cable. Good luck!

A 23 year old Honda that's giving running problems belongs in the scrap pile.

Check your grounds older Hondas are rely on grounds a lot.

Bad Power relay circuit, or auto-shut-down,or whatever Honda calls it.Loss of power during run, causes fuel pump to quit,then engine. But pump works in crank mode.
Try swapping relays, they dont last forever. Not even on Hondas. Look in the power distribution center. I think its underhood,on the passenger side, up near the windshield. There should be 3 or 4 in there.One of them has got to get you back on line. Borrow the power window one, cause we know it works.
Bear in mind the problem could be upstream of the relay;some place between it and the battery.

Bear in mind the problem could be upstream of the relay;some place between it and the battery.

Like the switch. :D
We replaced the switch twice before our 500,000.00 mile Honda finally gave up, and both times it was the run position power that left.

Like the switch. :D
We replaced the switch twice before our 500,000.00 mile Honda finally gave up, and both times it was the run position power that left.

i think thats what it might be it's acting like this
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWP-DcQJRbk"]honda accord - bad ignition switch - YouTube[/ame]

Bad Power relay circuit, or auto-shut-down,or whatever Honda calls it.Loss of power during run, causes fuel pump to quit,then engine. But pump works in crank mode.
Try swapping relays, they dont last forever. Not even on Hondas. Look in the power distribution center. I think its underhood,on the passenger side, up near the windshield. There should be 3 or 4 in there.One of them has got to get you back on line. Borrow the power window one, cause we know it works.

what relay should i swap it out for?

Um, you lost me.
The video clearly shows the key-switch to be faulty. You said yourself, you had to turn the switch back sloowlee, and then it ran.
Did I miss something?
Oh I get it. I checked the time stamps.Aint typing fun?

Um, you lost me.
The video clearly shows the key-switch to be faulty. You said yourself, you had to turn the switch back sloowlee, and then it ran.
Did I miss something?
Oh I get it. I checked the time stamps.Aint typing fun?

lol yea sorry ima see about replacing the ignition switch first hopefully tonight or tomorrow, my moms kia is too wide for the tiny *** parking spots at my college

-
Back