.920 MP torsion bars

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Putting a new set of .920 Mopar performance torsion bars in.
One end is marked:
448R

The other end is marked:
448R
ANG

Which is front to back on the installation?
I understand left to right, because the other bar has a L instead.

My gut tells me the end marked 027 goes towards the rear, but just want to confirm.

Thanks guys.

Does.......not..........matter front to rear. Only left / right matters

Thanks guys, they I put them in the car shortly.

Will do, what I dont like is the 1.030 bars that I am taking out, no ride height.

1.030 bars have no clocking in the hex ends, but the .920 bars have the factory 30 degree clocking.

It will be spring before I can get it driving again, putting new inner fenders (AMD if they ever show up been 2 months now), painting the engine compartment, changing motor etc. Car is kinda tore apart at the moment.

I like your garage picture on your profile. I wish I had this kind of space.

Two car garage has the 74 Duster in it - Driveway in front has 70 Valiant with a EZ-up over it (For the 7 1/2 days of rain we get in LA per year)

Exactly. Even in a best case scenario, without the tool all you'll do is score your torsion bars, making them useless.

Thanks. It's really only a 2 car garage, but with the wide angle lens it looks much bigger. I have a large porch out back for my larger tools like the drill press, table saw, and sandblast cabinet. I also kept all the body panels and seats out there until recently. Otherwise my garage would be a jammed up mess. Building the wooden shelf in the back was a huge space saver.

No worries, I have had a torsion bar tool for years.

What I recently just purchased is the tools to remove the lower control are bushings.
It literally takes less than five minuates to pull the bushings out.

-
Back