96 360 magnum

-

Jmcginnis89

Reaction score
I have a 96 360 magnum all stock changing from efi to n/a. What year water pump do I need? I bought a 78 pump and bottom bolt holes don't match up ??? Anyone..

Mancini Racing has them, P/N MOPP5249558 (searched Magnum 360 water pump).

Is there a certain year or model I can pick up from a local auto parts store or is that it

It must be the same as an LA motor (318, 340, 360). I actually carry a spare in my trunk. I'll go check the P/N now. Give me 5 minutes.

Is there a certain year or model I can pick up from a local auto parts store or is that it

You should be able to. Here are two pictures of my spare from Mancini. Unfortunately I don't have the box. Can you match it up to a picture from NAPA or Auto Zone for a 1969 small block (LA). There are so many Magnums out there somebody must know for sure.

Attachments

• water pump picture 1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 188
  • water pump picture 2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 188
are you using an LA timing chain cover with that 78 water pump??

All the parts store have are the ones that don't match up to my 96 timing cover on the bottom bolt holes so I will have to order Mancini racing on Monday .

An LA water pump does not work on a magnum timing cover. Run a magnum pump and serpentine belt setup, or get a LA timing chain cover and pump.

Thats what i figured out so now i have to get a different timing cover so i can run the pump that i want thanks for all the help every one ..

-
Back