96 Dakota 5 speed

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
My dad might be getting a 96 Dakota and putting a smallblock chevy in it. It has a 5 speed in it and I was wondering if it would work with a slant?

Nothing, he likes the Dakota body style and he likes small bock chevys because he is an ex GM line mechanic and the title is in his name so he can cut it up into little bitty pieces and piss on it for all I care. I just asked if the transmission would work behind a slant six, not other peoples opinions on what someone was going to do to their own vehicle.

I have heard about guys trying to mate the Dakota 5 speed to a slant and was wondering if anyone has done it and how it worked out, pics?

Nothing, he likes the Dakota body style and he likes small bock chevys because he is an ex GM line mechanic and the title is in his name so he can cut it up into little bitty pieces and piss on it for all I care. I just asked if the transmission would work behind a slant six, not other peoples opinions on what someone was going to do to their own vehicle.

I have heard about guys trying to mate the Dakota 5 speed to a slant and was wondering if anyone has done it and how it worked out, pics?

I thought I had seen where the Dakota tranny was a bit large. You might check out the guys at Slantsix.org. They continually beat the 5 speed question over there.

I'm beginning to believe you about the Moparts thing also....

sorry you took it the wrong way.all you had to say was he was a chevy guy and likes the 350 enough said.like you said its his truck i dont really care what he puts in it. sorry i asked

I'm beginning to believe you about the Moparts thing also....

Yeah, Been trying to stay away from the forums lately. I'm kinda getting tired of all the racist, hillbilly, redneck, homophobes and all the dumb kids that....

traceyass.gif

Yeah, sorry...A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION...there I fixed it.:angry7:
I was just messin with you man lol. Didn't mean to offend you. I don't know for sure but I would venture to guess it won't bolt up directly. I'm sure you could have an adaptor plate made but then your talkin lots of cash.

could be several different transmissions they used ax15 ax5? and the nv1500/3500 but like stated before you need a bellhousing that would mate the two together.

-
Back