!970 Roadrunner to good to be true!

-

67DartGT340

Reaction score
So here in winnipeg I find this add for a beautiful 1970 Roadrunner for $4900.00 Canandian. I sent emails and finally after a few days one comes back saying the price is correct and that includes the S/H from Texas. Has anybody else encountered this B.S. add around. check the pic it is a beautifil car.

I will almost bet that is a scam. He will most likely ask for a down payment of at least half of the total to be in the form of a M/O or cashiers check. The potential buyer will send the money and the poof , the guy will disappear and all contact will be lost. The guy will probably do this to about 5 or so people, make a good amount of money and chances are the car never was for sale or maybe never even existed in the beginning.

Joe

iv never seen the car but i have herd of scams like that s&h include you send the money and they will send car wen payment is reserved buy that time there long gone. that's my thud but you never know???????

Get an address/location and contact info and see if one of our Texas members can verify that it exists. The price may be right but the included shipping sounds fishy. Its at least $1800 (US) to get it to you not counting all the customs PITA so the seller would be making nothing. If it smells like a fish it probably is.....

Larry

[quotel herald;629219]Get an address/location and contact info and see if one of our Texas members can verify that it exists. The price may be right but the included shipping sounds fishy. Its at least $1800 (US) to get it to you not counting all the customs PITA so the seller would be making nothing. If it smells like a fish it probably is.....

Larry[/quote]
DAM good idea I love this modern technology wen some buddy is smart enough to yous it.

He probably won't give you a address. If he does tell him you will be flying down to give him cash in a couple days. I bet you will never him from him again. You should also be weary of anyone who won't give you a phone number.

This is absolutely a scam. I have checked into many "too good to be true" priced cars in the papers/craigslist. Always in the $4-5k range. Shipping always included.

But they balk at you getting someone to look @ the car, Always getting ready to leave for Iraq. Or kid in hospital, and no time, or selling it for dead brother, etc.

They'll say they use ebay finance, or yahoo finance for a safe and insured transaction, and you have to send them an email address for them to contact you. Once you give them the email(I use one of the 20 or so I have set up for when I think I'm being scammed), you will get an email with a link looking real official and all, like Yahoo or Ebay, but the link takes you to a fake site(at this point, forward the address to [email protected] or [email protected], and they will quickly close down the fake website.

When you do go, they give you a name and address of who they want you to wire the money to. Usually Western Union or Moneygram. Do not do this, as soon as you do, kiss your cash goodbye.

What I don't understand, is why the authorities, if you bring this scam to their attention, can't just set up @ the moneygram or Western Union office, and when the thieving piece of crap shows up to get his money, nab him right then and there.

I watch the local papers and craigslist for crap like this, then hassle the crooks some(fake phone numbers and addresses) but always report it to your paper, they can cut the ad so noone else gets scammed.

FF

Hey FstForward you nailed that one. It was actually a girl who sent the email, by name anyway. Amanda Lines, I searched that one up and it is all over the place and actually the name of a freight company in Texas. She said she was going to do the transaction through Yahoo! Finance that is when my red light went on. I emailed that I wanted to talk to someone persoanlly and what are the specs on the car and I would send somebody to look at it. Guess what...no Reply! Be nice to find these people and rip them a good one!

I'm 100% with Fstforward. when I was recently shopping for a project car I came across 3 similar situations on both Craigslist and Classic Auto Trader. They even sent back very knowledgable emails...but a few hints that didn't quite add up. All of them said the same about the price including shipping and/or something along those lines. They always seem to have pictures of some really cool cars though!:angry7:

It would be nice to be waiting for those scammers when they pick up their moneygram and give`em a little blanket party.

It's just a picture harvested off the Internet. I've seen that picture before on another board, posted by the owner of the car.

This scam has been going on for years. It happened on one of the bike boards I am on years ago. Guy posted pictures of a bike on E-bay that he stole off the net. Bike's owner happened to be a board member and had us bid the bike to 6 million dollars. When the auction ended the scammer had the nads to e-mail the real owner of the bike and demand payment or he would file charges with E-bay.

My Daddy always told me that if it looks too good to be true, it is.

I think that I saw something like this the other day. It was in some online classifieds in the Salt Lake area. It was for a 69 Boss 429 Mustang 4 speed car for $4000. The ad was only 30 minutes old when I saw it. The ad claimed that it was his aunt's car and had been stored for 30 years and was all orginal. I sprinted to my phone and called and just got a voice mail. I left the message that I only lived 45 minutes from the car and would be right there if someone would call be back. I called 3 times with no return call. Hmmm I wonder if they would have answered if I had an east coast number. The ad was removed the next morning. Looking back I think it must have been a scam.

Yeh if it was for that price an being serious,i would of said im coming now to buy the car!

An if they want deposits an all that bullcrap,definate scam.

Yeh if it was for that price an being serious,i would of said im coming now to buy the car!

An if they want deposits an all that bullcrap,definate scam.

well! if anyone decides to send some money down, i can give you my address to send some onto to me to. i could use some free money!

:cheers:

Are you using E-bay for this transaction? Jayson

Are you using E-bay for this transaction? Jayson

I'm on the other end right now. Posted a car for sale on Imperial board. Have been getting crap offering me millions to help with there financial situation.

Got a guy that wants to buy one of the cars, claims it is for his boss, this is a 82 imperial that has not run since 95. It is in good condtion overall and I only want $800 without wheels.

I don't have pictures of it and have not been over to take any this week and the guy is wanting get send cheque. His english is bad, spelling bad so I'm thinking this is a scam to send me bad check, but I'm thinking it is an $800 car that does not run. So I pulled my ad and told the guy I was not comfortable with this.

Just wish these worthless bastards would get real jobs so the rest of us could use the internet for what it is for.

-
Back