98 Ram SS/T Redo/Restore

-
So yesterday I really needed some me time so I decided I would swap on my 52mm throttle body. You can see the difference between the stock and modified TBs when you look at the section between the butterflies. You can see how much was taken out when it was opened up from 47-48mm to full non-tapered 52mm.

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2070.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2080.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 189
And this brings us to today. I had to go into to work this morning and do PT but then I was off the rest of the day, so I was off at 0730. I came home and my little one was sick so my wife and I took her to the doctor then it was time to get more parts off the shelf. On the list for today...HEADERS. So I removed the restrictive stock manifolds and installed my Gibson shorty headers. Between the headers, throttle body swap, and open element air cleaner I can tell a huge difference in throttle response and acceleration.

Attachments

• IMG_2096.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2097.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2100.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2102.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 189
I really like your truck, I've been trying to find a good SS/T ram for sale near me for a while but so far I've only come across a cheap green one that I'm considering buying and reprinting black. Your whole build has been really nice and your truck shows that, looking forward to hearing how the engine mods turn out on the dyno. If I may suggest something you should get it would be a sliding rear window, I have it in my current short reg ram and I can't go without it, great in the summer. Sport mirrors also look really nice on the SS/T's

PS, with how much stuff you have bought for the truck I can't believe you haven't bought the stripes yet, there only the most iconic part of the truck.

I would have bought the stripes a long time ago but the truck needs to be painted and I didn't want to waste $300 just to pull them back off to paint. Also I was gonna do the slider but I was advised to only use a Mopar one. I was told all of the aftermarket ones leak and I don't want to waste money there either.

-
Back