A 1971 R/T I am offering before I strip it. Look on fbbo for post

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then someone pony up for it. It's his car. He can hack it to pieces if he wants to.

I believe you expressed some interest in it in post #19 on this thread sir. Why dont you go after it. I am currently up to my *** in projects.

I believe you expressed some interest in it in post #19 on this thread sir. Why dont you go after it. I am currently up to my *** in projects.

I would love to have it as I had a similar car in high school. But I haven't the money. I am not going to say parting it out is a waste either, because I am not in his position. Obviously, it's not a waste to him, and that's all that matters.

Yes, NOT a six pack car- U code 440-4, but still looks much too nice not to save.

I just wish the op would post more pics and the fender tag.

You know, i hate to say this, but it's his business what he wants to do with the cars and parts.
Plain and simple.
I don't agree with it, but i know where he's coming from.
Maybe some of you don't know what it was like in the 70's and 80's when these were just cars and parts first and when people weren't worried about matching numbers this and that........
Perhaps think of an auto wreckers in the 70's and 80's who got a car in that was lightly hit or with a blown engine etc. that the insurance company wrote off for not much reason excepting that it was an old car to them, a liability, nothing more..........nothing less..........
Think of what auto wreckers today do and insurance companies as well for that matter.
It's still the same.
Think about it, and at the same time think about all of the people that buy up all of the newer hemi engines and parts out of wrecked Chargers, Challengers, trucks, etc. and don't even bat an eye!
They don't care about the cars themselves or if the car was fixable, it's just a source of go fast cool parts to build/modify what you have now for more performance.
What's the difference?
Really?
Yeah, i know, the fact that they don't make the old ones anymore factors into it.
This is mild compared to what i seen in the old days, at least some parts ore being used and saved.
I once ran across a guy with a 426 Hemi and auto trans for sale for $1000 in 1981 through an ad in a local paper.
My brother and i went and looked at it and it was real, and in decent original condition from what we could tell.
We asked about where it came from, and he responded that it came from a '67 Coronet R/T that he got cheap and had wiring problems. He got so fed up and mad with it that he pulled the engine and trans and cut the car in pieces and hauled it to the dump. We went to the dump and the remains of the car was there in about 4 foot chunks, cut apart with a torch!
I didn't get the engine and trans though, he sold it that day for $800 cash to a guy that was there about an hour after us.
That is how it was then, and this is how it is now.
Maybe someone 45 years from now are going to be butt hurt about a Hellcat car being parted out when it was fixable...........

But, to the O.P., i wish he wouldn't throw everyone's faces in it and create a roar..........

Hahaha!!!

I think oldmanmopar had a monstrous cache of A body stuff about a year ago and was trying to liquidate it all due to health issues and such. Couldent get buyers, people trying to scam etc. I believe he said he sent a bunch of it off in a dumpster i could be wrong, and it coulda been another fabo member.
Thats me. Lymes desease is kicking my ***. and I did dumpster a lot of parts. I won't think twice about scrapping this car. I got my drive line for my Roadrunner and I don't have to hunt parts. My son is funding the build.

can i stop and see the car? im in bath,,
Yes . Jenny drive Danielsville Pa. Look for the mopar race trailer

spoiler pics 792.jpg

Wow. after reading some of these posts I feel like a criminal. I can't afford a fully loaded 71 roadrunner. I got the Satellite first. Then I bought the Roadrunner in Jersey. Because I didn't want to build a Roadrunner clone. There was several mopar guys in the area that were low balling this guy to get this R/T. One of them is a long time member on Moparts. My son & I just gave him his asking price to save time & $$ building a motor and getting parts we need. It was buried in a garage with flats and the owner wasn't pulling it out without cash in his hand. so I bought it blind. It has a forged crank low mileage non numbers matching motor and trans in the car that runs perfect. My son builds race motors. Bike, Car and Diesel's for a living. So I know what it costs to build a motor

I did not post this car to piss anyone off. I just thought I would offer it up. Its been a week and not one offer in person showed up. Just Talkers like yourselves. I also sent several members there before I bought it.

I had so many cars in my time I really could care less about what anyone says. The motors are in the shop and are now staying. I am not building a clone it is a roadrunner shell I found that needs Quarters and everything you could imagine. Bare shell No title $2000 k out of north jersey . So I am saving the Roadrunner for a keeper and adding every option I can find. When I am done with my bucket list I will have this car to leave to the grand kids. They will say " Pop built this car" not Mopar.

Charger is still on the lift this morning. And you are all welcome to let me lower it on your trailer. Going down to the garage to drop the 8 3/4 and springs & install the 8 1/4 then I'm done with it.

Back in the 70's I owned several 68-70 charger R/T's I thought these 71-74 chargers looked like an aircraft carrier. There is only a couple of dodges I liked. 62-63 polaras 68-69 coronet R/Ts, 68 Chargers and Darts and 71 Demons and I owned several of each. " Plymouth Makes it" lol Steve

Cuda next and yes I know where several are to butcher. The crying will get louder when FEBO sees that car. instagram "High Tech Automotive" Been doing this since I'm 17 years old

back1[1].jpg

back3[1].jpg

scan0015[1].jpg

spoiler pics 671.jpg

spoiler pics 678.jpg

scan0006[1].jpg

69%204spd%20dart[1].jpg

scan0016[1].jpg

spoiler pics 613.jpg

xrt3[1].jpg

gtx6[1].jpg

xrt3[1].jpg

scan0013[1].jpg

Hemi_Hunter_by_426maxwedgie.jpg

DSCF2840.JPG

4.JPG

If i lived 1,900 miles closer, didnt have the projects i have now, and 7k in my pocket to spend i would have been there in a heartbeat for that charger. The internet makes it seem like everything and everyone is right around the corner, but it isnt.

As far as the A body parts you scrapped goes, there was a ton of people on fabo that clogged your inbox for stuff, myself included multiple times, i never got a reply from you. To go and scrap it out in what sounded like pissed off posts because you dragged it out for people who didnt show was kinda crappy, especially since there was a lot of traffic from fabo folks on your thread in regards to this. Again the internet bringing the world closer, but not everybody living around the block from you. Boxing up stuff and shipping it out is the way it is.

If your urge to sell that old A body stuff was greater than keeping it, i woulda lowballed it all to at least put it in peoples hands who would have done something with it, than to dumpster it. At least you would have gotten something for it, and it would have been used.

I have never had any of "the good stuff" find its way to my door. I am 48 and have been messing with this stuff since i was 15. Never had any real R/Ts or road runners, GTX, ever fall in my lap. Every performance build i have ever done was hard scrabble won. 1 piece at a time, junkyard crawling, or swap meet crawling for it. I am the poster child for clone cars because i could never get my hands on originals, i had to make my own. Even my barracuda was a slant sux car because its what i could find, thats why seeing a fairly clean gennie article like that R/T get stripped when its rebuildable is crazy to me.

However Its your stuff, your right to do what you want with it.

Last edited:
Hope you get well soon. Lyme disease is nothing to play around with.

If i lived 1,900 miles closer, didnt have the projects i have now, and 7k in my pocket to spend i would have been there in a heartbeat for that charger. The internet makes it seem like everything and everyone is right around the corner, but it isnt.

As far as the A body parts you scrapped goes, there was a ton of people on fabo that clogged your inbox for stuff, myself included multiple times, i never got a reply from you. To go and scrap it out in what sounded like pissed off posts because you dragged it out for people who didnt show was kinda crappy, especially since there was a lot of traffic from fabo folks on your thread in regards to this. Again the internet bringing the world closer, but not everybody living around the block from you. Boxing up stuff and shipping it out is the way it is.

If your urge to sell that old A body stuff was greater than keeping it, i woulda lowballed it all to at least put it in peoples hands who would have done something with it, than to dumpster it. At least you would have gotten something for it.

Its your stuff, your right to do what you want with it.
I too, was a serious buyer of some stuff he posted for sale in the past, I NEVER got a response to 10+ PMs, I believe he likes the attention these posts get, and enjoys trying to piss people off. I know that he is one of only 2 FABO members I will NEVER deal with again...

Oldmanmopar,

These pix will give you an idea, as this is typical of what is left to find in small town Texas when you live in the middle of nowhere. This is what i can find to build where i live, and i drove 3 hours to get it . This 69 notchback was a 318 bucket seat console car with no other options, is going to be my sons car. When my 67 comes off the rotisserie, this will go on the rotisserie. Not much left, it will end up as a hotrod/custom build.

My 67 notchback wasnt much better to start with. Parts are almost non existsnt except stuff these share with dodge darts. Damn near everything, and i mean everything i have gotten for either of these 2 cars thats barracuda specific was either from evilbay, or other fabo members.

So to find clean, and rare cars and chop em up without a care, you should understand that some of us think the way we do because some of us arent that lucky to even find one one of those, much less, part it out without giving it much thought.

When these cars are pushing 45-50 years old pix of what i can find are pretty much the rule not the exception. Feel like a criminal you say? Well you ought to, when the rest of us have to piece back together 50 year old thrashed, rusted, and half stripped cadavers.

P1090476.jpg

P1090479.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously the car is in the wrong hands now. You wouldn't be able to make much off the parts. But I know a few people here in Michigan that go around the country buying up cars like this to sell here. I'd say you could get $15k for it by leaving it the way you found it.

I Just brought some 67-68 Cuda fastbacks home in the last three weeks for my neighbor who worked for me in the 80's. We picked up a 68 fast back sitting behind Ray Barton Racing. I sold it to him about 5 years back and a wrecked 67 formula S fastback .

We are stripping 3 to make one nice fastback. We are going to be stripping a real nice Coupe and putting the other coupe together to sell. The drive line is coming out of this 1970 340 Duster I sold Todd a while back. Todd and I have been doing this for years. We are getting old and decided to build what we want they are not museum cars. And who cares how we arrive at the cars we want to drive. This thing will be a 67 formula S with a 340 4 speed and the 68 window trim. It will have the 273 covers and The proper chrome air breather.

B-7. Its what he wants and we don't trust buying High dollar " bondo buggies" That are put together with "JC Wittney" parts with metal in the oil.

Buy cars, They are out here in the north east. You just have to know the farmers. My son does a lot of tractor engines. and pulling trucks . All those big blocks belonged to a car and they all talk to one another. I know a farmer who has two AAR's in a barn one in parts. One sitting since 73. Took Berk motors there to buy it and he tried two offer a grand less. He threw him off the patch. Mopar guys are cheap.
. I stopped shipping parts with paypal . Ain't worth the aggravation. Spend more time boxing and running to the post office and I don't get anything done. Do you all know how many things I boxed for shipping quotes and never got the payment. When I took the springs and shocks out of the Duster for the Calverts. I gave them all to a member so the parts don't pile up. But really I am out of room. I could stand to empty out a little more but its the rare items and stuff I'm going to use one day that is left. LOL , I even have things at Todd's.

Somebody come and take all my Sears and David bradley tractors off my hands . Its a sickness. But I did tell you guy's I wasn't feeling well for a while

Game plan for tommorrow is to finish the charger and get a members truck doors ready for paint.

Steve 090.JPG

Steve 091.JPG

Steve 092.JPG

DSCN0151[1].jpg

DSCN0153[1].jpg

DSCN0156[1].jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah that 68 had a flip front end on it from the 70's. Kill 4 save 1 . And before you start on save the "Duster" Its toast once the seams start swelling from rust they are junk

I too, was a serious buyer of some stuff he posted for sale in the past, I NEVER got a response to 10+ PMs, I believe he likes the attention these posts get, and enjoys trying to piss people off. I know that he is one of only 2 FABO members I will NEVER deal with again...

If I don't see a location below your avatar? I don't respond. Why hide where your from???. Also The upstairs is still full but I am not getting it down again until someone is standing here with cash. One person ruined it for all. Actually several.

I don't care what you think of me. You don't know me. But if you ever came and hung out for a while with all of us you might think differently. Us old guys collect office chairs now. We roll around the garage and don't have to stand up to work on these cars.

There are several cars that came through here and went to members cheap. I can't help people tell me where these cars are. And some of the cars I want things from for my own projects. That is why I buy them. whats wrong with that. I am not an adoption agency. The Charger and title are still here. Come with cash for whats left before it to late. All those parts I had that were performance car related are still here.

I am very sorry you don't travel. My son and I just drove to the other side of Ohio for that blue 70k newyorker for $2950 that is still on cragslist west virginia. I came back without it. Had a least 170k maybe more. I didn't get mad at him. I took the chance. But I saw a Roadrunner on the way back. I am going back out to try and make a deal.

Case CX36B excavator here now going cheap will trade. Value 30k come and get it BO. I do have a phone number. I don't always come on this site but when I do its to give those that do come here a heads up. Anyone can call anytime. This is not Amazon. Ask for my number not a part.

I emptied this shed and got rid of the shed at the same time. I was making progress. Now I need another shed.

spoiler pics 019.jpg

20140524_114805.jpg

Well, I thank you for the console several years ago. Your dime, your time. The older we get, time is the one thing we don't have a lot of. So, do what you want, as long as you're happy, and family is happy, what else matters?

I would travel to look for cars if i could. I have a full house and a very demanding job. If i do get to take time off, it certainly isnt to travel to look for cars, its to unwind and rest. I honestly wished i had the luxury of being able to travel far to go look.

Most here would have regarded my 67 as a parts car, however its been a texas car its whole life, and its solid where it counts, so its a good builder. The roachy looking 69 too has solid rails and enough solid areas to work with, and no bulging seams. The shell looks rougher in pix than it is. Most of that will come off with a DA sander. Needs floors and quarters though.

I would travel to look for cars if i could. I have a full house and a very demanding job. If i do get to take time off, it certainly isnt to travel to look for cars, its to unwind and rest. I honestly wished i had the luxury of being able to travel far to go look.

Most here would have regarded my 67 as a parts car, however its been a texas car its whole life, and its solid where it counts, so its a good builder. The roachy looking 69 too has solid rails and enough solid areas to work with, and no bulging seams. The shell looks rougher in pix than it is. Most of that will come off with a DA sander. Needs floors and quarters though.

It looks pretty solid in the pic's. the edges look crisp. Its hard to find them like that in the north east. I don't scrap them if they are solid . I take what I need or want and the rest gets sold as a unit. That is what I am going to do with the charger. I am taking the motor, trans and Carrier and everything under the hood I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back