A-727 from Classic Industries

-

BerryMoparBloodline

Reaction score
Question:

Classic Industries has a few A-727 transmissions that you can purchase from their catalog: B&M, TCI, etc. Any opinions regarding these transmissions? Are these considered "good" units?

Thanks In Advance,
BerryMopar

Not sure where they are getting them but I'd avoid any TCI complete units. If you're considering mail order there are better palces. John Cope (Cope Racing Transmissions) is one of them.

Not sure where they are getting them but I'd avoid any TCI complete units. If you're considering mail order there are better palces. John Cope (Cope Racing Transmissions) is one of them.
moper: Please explain why you'd avoid a TCI transmission. I've used them over the years without fail.

Summit Racing sells a few. ATI, Hughes, B&M, TCI. Cope racing transmissions are top notch though. Jegs sells transmissions also. Get some more opinions before you decide to buy. BerryMoparBloodline, if you don't need "bulletproof," they are all good transmissions. JMO

Build one yourself, really simple with tons of reference material available in books and on the net.

Builders sell a lot of "transmissions are black magic." JMO

It ain't rocket science but experience has no equal.clean-clean-clean if you don't clean it will screw a build up quick

Build one yourself, really simple with tons of reference material available in books and on the net.

I agree. Build it yourself. 904's & 727 Transmissions are HELLA Easy to build compared to an engine. If you can do an engine you can do do one of these transmissions in your sleep.

They changed hands,after that. Downhill ,since.

I haven' t purchased one for awhile now. Last one was a number of years ago. From what I've read, guess it might be good advice to purchase another brand.

This ^^

It ain't rocket science but experience has no equal.clean-clean-clean if you don't clean it will screw a build up quick

This ^^

I agree. Build it yourself. 904's & 727 Transmissions are HELLA Easy to build compared to an engine. If you can do an engine you can do do one of these transmissions in your sleep.

..aaaand This^^^

My brother rebuilt his 904 with zero experience...and installed a TF2 kit...

He had no problems, aside that we didn't have the special compressor tool for the big *** spring in the direct drive hub (I think that's what it was)...but, proper parts, proper tools, instructions, and a few hours are all you need to rebuild these simple 3 speed automatics...

-
Back