A-904 Performance Rebuild Kit

-

bwhitejr

Reaction score
I just bought a Mopar Performance Rebuild Kit (#P5007568) for my A-904. Does it have the parts in it for a shift kit or is that a separate kit?

The kit came with lots of little parts and no instructions. How can I tell which ones go where?

bwhitejr

I'm not too sure because i don't sell/install the MP overhaul kits. I have seen the MP kits before, and I beleive it's just a standard kit with raybestos blue plate frictions.

I'd think that you'd want to incorporate a tf-1 or tf-2 shift kit with that overhaul kit if that is your intention.

HTH's

That is the basic rebuild kit for the 904 trans. so you will have to purchase the shift improver kit seperately. I would suggest a Trans-go kit. They cost a little more and are a little more time consuming to install but are far supperior to all the rest.

As far as all the little parts. That basic kit has far fewer parts than I usually use in a normal rebuild. I also replace all the thrust washers and bushings. If you haven't ever rebuilt a auto trans. I would suggest getting a factory service manual or good transmission manual before even disassembling it. You can get a basic manual cheap from www.bulkpart.com or possibly www.amazon.com or a real good manual that really goes in deep on the Torqueflte transmission is written by Carl Munroe. It's also available from Amazon. Probably find them on E-bay too if you do the E-bay thing.

-
Back