A&A or Griner transbrake?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

Anyone have any opinions on this? I'm building up my 904 and trying to decide which to go with.

Do you have to activate the brake to get reverse on the Griner?

Thanks

Steve

Hey post that question over at diamondback racing engines and Damon will help you out

if you buy a pro lite brake you will need to press button to back up.

A&A the best. rick is very cool guy to deal with . i bought an convertor for his some years back just a dow to earth person.

Both brakes are good, Rick is very good and very good to deal with but Griner's is the best. You just have to look at each side by side. Griner is a billet design, A&A is a modified stock valve body. Again, both are good, but the Griner is the best.

592869_64_full.jpg

Been selling and installing A&A valve bodies for close to 10 years. Have had ZERO issues.

I dunno how someone determines which one "is best", and certainly just looking at them side by side tells me nothing. I doesn't really mean much to me that one is billet design and the other is not.

I had a valvebody in my shop once that was a billet design and it was JUNK. Transbrake would not hold and all sorts of other shifting concerns/issues. Installed Rick's trans-brake valve body, along with our other upgrades and the unit worked flawlessly. Actually improved 60 ft time by a few hun, too. 8)

Griner is the Master, been designing and building brakes longer than anyone. His design is what got Coan the patent for the brake.
Griner's will release faster. A junk design will be a junk design, billet or not. Griners in not junk, its the best performing brake, faster release, equal setting time, much less susceptable to debris caused malfunctions by design. The best means the better performing, equal set time, faster release time, faster is better performing, so its the best.

-
Back