A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
In the new Mopar Muscle, there is an article on the Hemi Demon (62BT409's)
and on the page for the 2012 Mopar Nationals Schedule of Events, pictured is
a row of A-bodies including that Demon, The green 440 Duster (Weeb's?) and
Hemi Denny's silver Hemi Duster.

Thanks....looking forward to coffee tomorrow to check out

I worked on the A/C in the gold 72 Duster.... I think I got it... 50 degree's
If you want to see the full potential DO NOT run the blower on high.

That is good for moving a bunch of air but not the best for cooling it.

Let the system run for at least 10 minutes to stabilize it.

Put the fan on medium, recirc and dash vents only. Insert thermometer
in a center dash vent. On a good day, you should see low 40's...maybe
even high 30's.

If you want to see the full potential DO NOT run the blower on high.

That is good for moving a bunch of air but not the best for cooling it.

Let the system run for at least 10 minutes to stabilize it.

Put the fan on medium, recirc and dash vents only. Insert thermometer
in a center dash vent. On a good day, you should see low 40's...maybe
even high 30's.

I will give it a go........... :thumblef:

I'm gettin ready to test mine too....not sure I will get as good of a picture at 80 mph with both windows down

i couldn't find the thread about 62BT409's demon, so i'll post here. did you know - "Dodge’s new Duster model was to be named the “Beaver” until the company found out that the word “beaver” was a slang term used by CB radio users for part of the female anatomy. So the Dodge sales department decided on the name Demon, as in, “Come in for a Demon-stration.” The new Demon model went on sale for the 1971 model year." according to a story @ streetlegaltv.com here 'beaver patrol, beaver patrol, calling all beavers' - name that movie - LOL

i couldn't find the thread about 62BT409's demon, so i'll post here. did you know - "Dodge’s new Duster model was to be named the “Beaver” until the company found out that the word “beaver” was a slang term used by CB radio users for part of the female anatomy. So the Dodge sales department decided on the name Demon, as in, “Come in for a Demon-stration.” The new Demon model went on sale for the 1971 model year." according to a story @ streetlegaltv.com here 'beaver patrol, beaver patrol, calling all beavers' - name that movie - LOL

And for those of us who remember....

Ward...weren't you a little tough on the Beaver last night? (June Cleaver)

And for those of us who remember....

Ward...weren't you a little tough on the Beaver last night? (June Cleaver)

To this day I believe that is the dirtiest thing ever said on public TV, Wow I can't believe the sensors let that one slip through.

heres a couple of tips from your ol' buddy HemiDenny...

on a re-paint ...always remove the fresh paint on your body where you attach the ignition boxes and regulator

when is installing a NEW K&N air filter...always throughly clean the filter element with soap and hot water to eliminate any blockage from the oil they leave when shipping the filter. the blockage of air is like running with the choke closed....extremely rich especially when the motor gets heat in it

no brainers...but seemed like it took me forever to catch these simple bugs

heres a couple of tips from your ol' buddy HemiDenny...

on a re-paint ...always remove the fresh paint on your body where you attach the ignition boxes and regulator

when is installing a NEW K&N air filter...always throughly clean the filter element with soap and hot water to eliminate any blockage from the oil they leave when shipping the filter. the blockage of air is like running with the choke closed....extremely rich especially when the motor gets heat in it

no brainers...but seemed like it took me forever to catch these simple bugs

so needless to say you got it scienced out............ I can't wait for you to take me for coffee......

fuel pressure,jetting,float levels...check,check,check
timing,voltage .......check,check
air filter unclogged.....check

off to Good Guys in Columbus this Saturday.....nice cruise, only 100 miles down...BS till about 11PM in the Marriot parking lot, no fee, hot rods ONLY, the Marriot provides excellant gourmet grillin' and beverages for minimun $$$...then cruise the 100 miles back home

who knows.....maybe even bump into Chit Foose

off to Good Guys in Columbus this Saturday.....nice cruise, only 100 miles down...BS till about 11PM in the Marriot parking lot, no fee, hot rods ONLY, the Marriot provides excellant gourmet grillin' and beverages for minimun $$$...then cruise the 100 miles back home

who knows.....maybe even bump into Chit Foose

Now that sounds way better than:

Car in trailer ..... check!

Holllywood nights

We (John , weeb and I) bailed on the "good guys" on Saturday...102 actual...on pavement, more like 110...with humidity

kinda takes the fun out of it

Glad I decided not to go. Either its a mud-pit or a dessert, rare to have tolerable weather. Those darn brand X guys get the better weather = typical.

-
Back