A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
I've never stayed for the Sunday stuff, I always take that day to make my way back home. Maybe I'll hang around next year!

No secret, I stayed to see the "Missile " crews induction....the other inductees were icing on the cake.

for me....it was a once in a lifetime chance to meet and hear the stories (2-hour panel discussion before the induction ceremony) and with the help of Joe and Lynn (Pappas), get them to check out my street Duster. Initially the Duster was staying in the trailer for the pull home....but Joe insisted, and I gladly accepted the invitation to show it off.

the grins on the crews faces were priceless....at least to me.

That's awesome, now you need a picture of your car with all the missile cars and the entire crew! Maybe next year!

I have a B-body part for you....
Tues night is Halloween cruise at the Mills, not far from Pizza shop locale.
I also have a A-body part for the Mogadore stop, for Dave's Orange Dart

AND the cruise sounds nice...Vito decided to get ONE more in ;)

Have to see if we can write Mark an excuse to skip work :)

Denny's Duster with it's Daddy

largecrop2pans_zpsd272f6cd.jpg

Hmmm...some posts were lost.

I posted that it was great seeing all the guys on Tuesday and the food was great. Also that I got caught in the rain for the first time ever in the 6 years my A body has been on the road. I found it ironic that the wipers didn't work for the entire trip home, either. I guess since I never use them there wasn't any real reason for them to work previously :D

Believe it or not guys......Todd's GTO is a (GM) A-body. He attends a lot
of events with us and leaves it at home. It IS really sweat. A perfect
frame-off restoration to stock but he has "the motor of death" on the stand.

His moniker "SixSpeedSS" refers to his big block GM (sorry) pick-em-up truck.

Soon after you left ,the guys commented that you probably got caught in
the rain.

Believe it or not guys......Todd's GTO is a (GM) A-body. He attends a lot
of events with us and leaves it at home. It IS really sweat. A perfect
frame-off restoration to stock but he has "the motor of death" on the stand.

His moniker "SixSpeedSS" refers to his big block GM (sorry) pick-em-up truck.

Soon after you left ,the guys commented that you probably got caught in
the rain.

Thanks John.

Oddly enough it drove fine in the rain, other than not having wipers. These cars typically aren't water tight, but I stayed dry on the ride home.

The suspension is all modified (mostly Global West stuff, bigger wheels/tires, etc), as well as many small mods to the rest of the car. When I finally get the motor in the car, it ought to be pretty stout.

The 'SixSpeedSS' is a 1990 454SS pickup I've owned for 23 years. It's got a 505 horse dyno'd 461ci big block, T56 six speed, 4.56 gears and has done 2 Power Tours...

Shame on me for not taking the opportunity to get an up close look of Todd's GTO....I planned on it but my early focus was on the Demon build....then the rain came.

My loss....

Hmmm...some posts were lost.

I posted that it was great seeing all the guys on Tuesday and the food was great. Also that I got caught in the rain for the first time ever in the 6 years my A body has been on the road. I found it ironic that the wipers didn't work for the entire trip home, either. I guess since I never use them there wasn't any real reason for them to work previously :D

Wish I could have been there!! Great looking GTO Todd! Who needs wipers, a little Rain-X
and punch the throttle and rain be gone!! Hoosh

Wish I could have been there!! Great looking GTO Todd! Who needs wipers, a little Rain-X
and punch the throttle and rain be gone!! Hoosh

Thanks guys. On my 454SS pickup, I don't even have wipers (haven't had them in probably 15 years). I did the 2007 Power Tour (rained two or three days) with just RainX. It typically is fine as long as you go over 40 mph and it is daylight. In the dark it is next to impossible to see, and that is what I dealt with last week. I figured I couldn't do anything about it (no tools), so I just dealt with it. I will fix the wiper motor as I like everything to work on my vehicles regardless if it is needed or not.

The car cleaned up just fine the next day. I still need to clean under the hood, but figure that will be done when the motor is swapped out this winter.

-
Back