A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Who's next out the Gang to do some rubber swappin' ?
Well, Actually we are again. The previous Cragar S/S's were only 8" wide in the rear but the tires look and fit so good on the new 10" Halibrand replicas that we have ordered another whole new set of Cragars in the Halibrand sizes. We've got 3 pairs of 315/60-15 Drag Radials (2-M/T and 1-BFG) so we're going to mount up the new Cragars with identical tires that are on the Halibrands and have those two totally different sets to swap out. The fronts arrived Tuesday so everything is here except for the new rear wheels ordered through Summit. Like the special ordered custom offset 8" ones, these new wheels will not be unilug; otherwise the offset itself for the 10's is a stock item. I don't know which set of shoes it will be wearing for the Mopar Nat's.

is the 3rd set on steel wheels or Torque Thrusts or .........?
Well.....The answer is yes. We have both but are not going to use them. Right now the 315/60-15
BFG's are on brand new 15 x 8.5 Torque Thrusts. These are going to younger brother Dave.

The (now bare) 15 x 8 Painted steelies are headed for some new 10.5 x 29 slicks for a little
"test & tune" eventually.

Brown%20Duster%202%20029_zps0hlmtlfv.jpg

Well.....The answer is yes. We have both but are not going to use them. Right now the 315/60-15
BFG's are on brand new 15 x 8.5 Torque Thrusts. These are going to younger brother Dave.
what does little brother Dave have and does he have a build thread on here? if not, how 'bout some pics.....

mostly.....he has a new girlfriend....so he's kinda been MIA since January

she is a bit of a looker,..... but I do not think he would like me to post any pictures of her.

Dave has a 72 Duster, a 74 Challenger, Two 67 Darts, a 63 Fury, An 88 Corvette, An old Dodge Van, Two Honda Civics, A Micro sprint car, a Yamaha YZ250, a Yamaha TT350, a Honda Gold Wing, A perfect Kawasaki KZ900, a Honda Big Red, a Suzuki 4-wheeler, a racing go cart, a 36' motor home and two enclosed trailers.

And that's just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

No......I'm not posting pictures of all of that crap.....I'm busy

mostly.....he has a new girlfriend....so he's kinda been MIA since January

she is a bit of a looker,..... but I do not think he would like me to post any pictures of her.

He has been missing since January of 2014 ;)

Omg you guys are funny. Makes me wonder what people are saying about me. Been mia myself since March 2014. Quick decision not to snow mobile drink beer instead and then get out my ktm 450 r to see if it starts. Made it 3 driveways before hitting a deer. But on the plus side Dennys building an early x mas gift for me which i can't wait to open.

Cheers
Donkman

We just like to bust each others balls.....it is the way "us" hot rodders show love.

kinda like the 70's ....we stood around the local gas station bench racin'.....only now we do it on the net.

actually, we would (probably) kill for one another.

We just like to bust each others balls.....it is the way "us" hot rodders show love.

kinda like the 70's ....we stood around the local gas station bench racin'.....only now we do it on the net.

You, my friend are the Master of Ball Busting!! Missed u at the Goodguys--Tim & Barb Phost
& Tim's brother-in-law Ted & wife Edna ( tim's Sister) were there as was Boutwell. Was a
beautiful night with many nice cars. Ask Bout about the Black Challenger!! Hoosh

WOW, local gas/service stations--- i miss those
like probably a lot of guys here, i worked in a couple

Finally got the Duster out......just in time for a chicken drowner. (red alert thunder/rainstorm). Forgot how much fun it is to drive.....even for a short time.

Hope it drys up someday.

BTW....chicken drowner is PC for turd floater

I know you guys will find it hard to believe but I had some time to go for a ride in the Duster this morning....

Went to visit my buddy JC who is building a 69 Dart ...he was off today....but since I was at a place with scales I though t I would see how much it weighs

No driver...just car, almost full tank of gas, spare tire, and A/C blowing cold

Front...1760.....52.7%
Rear....1580.....47.3%

Total....3340....100.0%

I will put the next one on a diet.....and make it not so nose heavy.

Hmm...Does anybody have the total weight weight / weight distribution for a stock 340 4-speed A-body?

We are going to be in the Chrysler display at Woodward the weekend following the Nats.

The initial plan is to run the Halibrands for the Nats and then switch to the new same-sized
Cragars for Woodward.

Hmm...Does anybody have the total weight weight / weight distribution for a stock 340 4-speed A-body?

here is something to compare to....
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=320695

post 2....autoxcuda *************** Hemi Duster

front.....1838......57.28% ******* 1760......52.7% (-78 )
rear......1371......42.72% ******* 1580......47.3% (+209)

total.....3209.....100.00% ******* 3340.....100.0% (+131)

conclusion.....slightly altering the wheelbase might work.....or there is a LOT of bondo in the quarters.

-
Back